Kid Covid test at Disney World

leannak

DIS Veteran
Anyone have advice on getting kids Covid tested at Disney world? We’ll be there for a week before our cruise.

Also - are the tests DCL requires the painful up in your sinuses tests?

You can book a test through the Safe Passage site at MCO airport. It costs money, but at least it is a sure thing as I heard it can be hard to get the rapid ID NOW test in Central Florida.

The test is just the half-inch-swirl-in nostril test, not the brain tickler.

You can book appointments at CVS in Orlando/WDW area. Covid rates are down
(3.99% positivity) so it’s easier to get appointments. Kids need to be 3 years old.
https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
You can book appointments, but will you get results in time? We had a couple people in our cruise group go to CVS in central Florida only to be told it was 3-5 day turnaround for results, which does not work when you have only 3 days until the cruise. Those people had to change course and get a rapid test.

Wasn’t there a place AT Disney World to get testing done? Is that closed now or did I imagine it?

You will just want to watch with any rapid test that it is either a PCR test or NAAT test. Rapid Antigen tests are not being accepted by DCL.

Inspire (Safe Passage) apparently has a testing location at Orlando International Airport (MCO), but I don't know where it is.

Centra Care has a testing location at MCO, with results in an hour or less. Cost is higher than the Inspire test, though.

Buena Vista Urgent Care (on SR-536, between SR-535 and the 417) also does PCR testing. Not sure about the prices.

Wasn’t there a place AT Disney World to get testing done? Is that closed now or did I imagine it?
I don't believe there has been a testing location physically located within Disney World, but I'm sure you can find a local pharmacy nearby. The question would be which test they offer and the turn-around for results. Some folks have reported challenges getting appointments at local FL pharmacies, or arriving and finding the pharmacy didn't have the test they expect. In addition to the MCO location, I believe Inspire also has a drop-off location at one of the hotels near the port.

I don't believe there has been a testing location physically located within Disney World, but I'm sure you can find a local pharmacy nearby.
There used to be one at Disney's Maingate complex near DAK (closed back in May).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter