• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidani or jambo

kenny

DIS Veteran
which studio for family of 4. Would be savanna view. Is one view better? Room bigger or nicer? Etc

Thx

Except for the Values, there is only a 1 sq foot difference between the studios in Jambo House & Kidani Village.

I prefer the Jambo House Studios because of the bath room layout. Only Jambo House has quick service dining (The Mara).

I have only stayed in Jambo but I really liked it. Beautiful resort! Easy access to food and a great pool. Big enough for Me, my nephew, BIL and Sis.

How far is walk to kidani? Looks like they have the better pool
From main entrance to main entrance, maybe 10 to 15 minutes. Bell Services also runs a van between both buildings. You can also hop on one of the Disney buses. The Disney Springs (DTD) buses start at Jambo House, then go to Kidani Village before heading out. The Theme Park buses start at Kidani Village, then go to Jambo House before heading out to the park.

We stayed at kidani and loved it. Yes the pool was awesome. The walk to Jambo was nothing. It was a nice short walk down there for quick service breakfast.

not much difference in the studios. the only other thing i can think of is that jambo studios are all on the 5th floor, while kidani studios can be lower (kidani is all DVC).

We preferred Jambo. At Kidani, although we asked for "close to lobby" (and I know it's just a request) we were in the last pod, and it's a LONG walk to the lobby from there. And although the CM insisted it was a great view, it was one of the worst views and we didn't see one giraffe all week, and it was the Sunset Savannah-I've seen LOTS of giraffes from there over at Jambo. Also, at Jambo I like having Mara right there.

Never stayed at Kidani but have stayed at Jambo twice and loved it! We prefer having the beautiful main lobby, counter service The Mara, and Boma. The pool is also beautiful at Jambo.

We've stayed at both and preferred Kidani. It's 'quieter' than Jambo, which we liked. It also has the community hall and the splash play area for kids by the pool.

I much prefer Kidani to Jambo. The decor is a bit lighter than Jambo's and it is quieter. The 1 bd has two baths, and the 2bd such is our usual villa has 3 full baths and traveling with teenagers, it's a nice feature. We prefer the Kidani pool and pool bar. The distance between the two resorts is walkable but some people don't like the walk so there's a shuttle. If you have your own car Kidani's covered parking comes in handy, especially in the rainy summer time weather. The one biggest draw of Jambo, its spectacular lobby, it's truly stunning but realistically, I check in and don't spend much time there. Honestly you can't go wrong with either!

Last edited:
I've stayed at Jambo 6 times, and Kidani twice. I definitely prefer Jambo. The last time I was at Kidani, we had a room all the way at the end of the hallway, which meant after we got back from the parks at the end of the day, we still had an almost ten minute walk inside the resort back to our room. I also like the grandeur of Jambo better.

Sometimes its easier to see the animals at Kidani if that is your main thing. Jambo DVC is only higher floors.

Jambo has a much better lobby, more eating options, better gift shop, more bar options and a better resort feel imo. Jambo was designed by the same architect that did Wilderness Lodge and Grand Californian if that is any indication

Kadani has the better pool(especially for little kids it has a entire water playground), sometimes better Savannah views and slightly easier bus transportation as they are picked up first before Jambo for everywhere but Downtown Disney. This can be a good perk at busy times as you dont have to worry about the bus being already filled up like it can sometimes happen for Jambo

I would suggest watching youtube videos of both to see what you prefer

I am a jambo guy but I do like the pool better at Kidani

Have not stayed at either however after much research we are choosing kidani for our next trip for two reasons. The one bedroom has two full baths. Last time after the road trip one of the kids dropped a deuce in the big bath tub the first night, not this time. Number two the pool and sprayground is supposed to be amazing.

Jambo all the way for us. I do like being able to be on a lower floor at Kidani but otherwise much prefer having the food court, store, awesome lobby and the livelier feeling. And I don't consider the Kidani pool to be better unless your kids really like the splash area (my son isn't a fan). Plus walking through the parking lot to get to it is a major turnoff for us as well.

We have stayed at Kidani a few times in a studio and are also a family of 4 with a 7 and 4 year old now. For us the pool area is better at Kidani for kids but other then that I think Jambo house offers more overall. The food court at Jambo is a bid deal when talking studios so having a car is a must at Kidani in a studio. Last time at Kidani we made a room request which they really did understand but because floor level was no problem for us we got what we wanted on the top floor and then we saw MK and Studios fireworks also. In the end my DW loves Kidani and so did the kids so it gets a thumbs up.

Jambo with the quick service is far better. Kidani is nice and all but it is so far from coffee, breakfast, lunch, etc. At that point it just makes sense to stay at Jambo, plus its gorgeous!

Having stayed at both, we pick based upon the season. In winter, we stay Jambo as the pool isn't a big part of our vacation, and we like having Mara nearby. In summer, we stay Kidani as the pool is a big part of our vacation, and the Kidani pool, in our entire family's opinion, is far better than Jambo's pool.

FWIW, Kidani does have some quick service items--coffee, soda, they do put some pastries and oatmeal out in the morning, etc., but you can't get a full, hot breakfast like you can at Mara. I have made the walk between buildings in about 5 minutes--it seems longer, but it's not if you have a decent pace (or you can take the van)--but I could see where it could be another 5 minutes if you're staying at the opposite end of Kidani as those hallways are pretty darn long (we've always been close to lobby).

I will always choose Jambo for a studio. I like the double sinks and the layout of the bathroom better there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter