Kidani or Saratoga Springs: Help me decide

YodasMom

Dis Veteran
I'm a DVC owner but will be out of points for my December trip. I've stayed at Kidani (savanna view) previously and never at Saratoga Springs. I am looking at renting points in a December, and right now, my two options are either Kidani standard view studio or Saratoga Springs standard view studio. Which would you choose? No kids will be on this trip.

I would choose SSR. I would go this route to be close to Disney Springs and all the bar and restaurant options there. Since you haven't stayed there, you can scope it out to see if you would want to go back someday with kids in tow.

I would choose SSR. I would go this route to be close to Disney Springs and all the bar and restaurant options there. Since you haven't stayed there, you can scope it out to see if you would want to go back someday with kids in tow.

Thanks! That's kind of what I was thinking.....

If you like Disney Springs and see yourself spending time there, then I would absolutely give Saratoga a try (I personally love new experiences), if you prefer to hang out around the resort and relax, then I would stick with Kidani. AKL is my favorite resort, and I own at AKV, but I greatly enjoyed Saratoga when I went, as DH and I also spent quite a lot of time that trip, in what was at the time, Downtown Disney.

If you like Disney Springs and see yourself spending time there, then I would absolutely give Saratoga a try (I personally love new experiences), if you prefer to hang out around the resort and relax, then I would stick with Kidani. AKL is my favorite resort, and I own at AKV, but I greatly enjoyed Saratoga when I went, as DH and I also spent quite a lot of time that trip, in what was at the time, Downtown Disney.

Thanks for your input! I also own at AKV.......I've stayed at Jambo House at least 20 times, but Kidani only once and that was with a Savanna view and very close to the elevators to the lobby. I think I will go with SSR since I will only be there for 4 or 5 days before heading on a cruise. I won't have much time to spend relaxing at the resort during that trip.

Normally, I would choose Kidani over SSR but in your circumstances, knowing standard Kidani is only thing available, and SSR standard IMO, is not that bad, I would go for SSR. Having DS that close, and no kids in tow, that would be my choice.

Same here...As much as AKL/V is awesome...SSR in this instance is my choice here.....Not that Animal Kingdom is above and beyond so much better, because SSR has a nice feel/vibe to it..Quaint & relaxing with nice amenities, the Turf Club which is a true hidden Gem in my opinion...And the proximity to DS can't be beat!:thumbsup2

Another vote for SSR. We prefer AKV for larger family trips, but SSR for just the two of us.

I enjoy all of the resorts, each with its own charms. Many enjoyable SSR stays, therefore since you've never stayed there, why not give it a try. The boat to DS at night for dinner and or ice cream/ a drink is fun! The lush landscaping is stunning, if one criticism, buses seem to run a bit slower! Enjoy whatever option you choose.

Thanks everyone for all your input !!! I'm going to try SSR. I'm glad you've all had great experiences. I do love the proximity to DS. Will likely rent a car due to the relatively short stay, so I won't worry too much about the bus, though that would be the same issue at Kidani as well.

Thanks everyone for all your input !!! I'm going to try SSR. I'm glad you've all had great experiences. I do love the proximity to DS. Will likely rent a car due to the relatively short stay, so I won't worry too much about the bus, though that would be the same issue at Kidani as well.

Good choice. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed....No matter where u stay , Remember It's WDW, "How Bad can bad really be, right?".:teeth:

Just came back from Kidani Village. Wish I had known the layout before going there. We were on the 5th floor and way at the end of the layout so that walk to the lobby seemed like forever, then the walk to the bus on top of that. Since we are 77 and 79, the walk was a bit much considering that we were headed for Epcot. Would prefer SSR any time. To me, the studios are really small for even two people.

Just came back from Kidani Village. Wish I had known the layout before going there. We were on the 5th floor and way at the end of the layout so that walk to the lobby seemed like forever, then the walk to the bus on top of that
I call it the twilight zone corridor, lol!

Just came back from Kidani Village. Wish I had known the layout before going there. We were on the 5th floor and way at the end of the layout so that walk to the lobby seemed like forever, then the walk to the bus on top of that. Since we are 77 and 79, the walk was a bit much considering that we were headed for Epcot. Would prefer SSR any time. To me, the studios are really small for even two people.

Gosh, I'm sorry you had to go through that with the walking distance. That's a big reason I don't want to go to Kidani for the shorter trip in December. The first time I stayed there, my foot was in a cast due to a fracture and I was lucky to have been fairly close to the lobby elevator. It was in January and the parks were not busy, around 3 or 4 years ago. I loved my stay there in that location and with a savanna view, but I think that's the only situation I would want to stay there. It was very peaceful and quiet, though, and I liked the studio. I also understand the SSR studios are small, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter