Kidani Village location?

disneygrandmom2007

Mouseketeer
We just booked our first stay at AKV (we usually stay at VWL) and were wondering what room location we should request. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa, savannah view. Is it better to be near the lobby, pool, bus stop, etc? Any other AKV tips for a first timer? TIA.:cloud9:

We were on the 3rd floor very close to the lobby, off to the right when looking at the savanna and thought it was great. We only swam once, so walking a ways to the pool wasn't a hassle at all. We'd rather be close to the refillable drink station and the bus. Just depends on what you like.

Request to be near the lobby as the resort is huge. We just stayed there last week and the walk from the lobby to farthest room on the necklace was literally 5 minutes. We asked for room overlooking sunset savannah and close the the lobby and got our request. We were very happy with the view and the proximity to refills. I probably could have gone for coffee in my tink pjs but didn't dare:scared1:. Maybe next time;). Have fun.

Get a room not too far from an elevator, if you take a car you will never be too far away from it.

While the walk from one end of the necklace to the other might be a long one, we figure at least the view while you walk is pleasant, since you get animal views along the way. Also, a 5 minute walk ANYWHERE at Disney is nothing compared to what we do in the parks. I think the long hallways are a bit annoying, but not as bad at Kidani or Jambo as they are at BWV, since there is much more to see as you walk along looking out the windows at the savannahs.

IF you have no car, definitely request close to lobby (actually if you request close to lobby, pool or bus stop, your requests would be very similar because the pool is off to one side of the lobby and the bus is off to the other side of the lobby. If you have a car, request close to an elevator. Also, check out the differences of the savannas and request the savanna you want. We hoped to see giraffes and zebras from our rooms and were not on the savanna to see that.

We stayed in the Rafiki section at AKV and loved it. We were close to the elevators and down in the lobby very quickly.

Hope you enjoy your stay. I am calling next week at our 7 month window (going in October again) and we are going to try to get Kidani again we liked it so much.

Distance from lobby to last room on north wing (one further from Jambo) is over 1/4 mile, to last room on south wing (one closer to Jambo) just under 1/4 mile. A 5 minute walk normal pace, longer with small kids, and torture if coming back from a long day at the park with small kids. In comparison to that seemingly "long" walk at BWV to the end rooms, the walk at BWV is about 90 seconds normal pace, less than a third of the walk at Kidani. Also, there are two savannas, the huge sunset savanna (which most savanna rooms overlook) and the smaller Pembe which is to the north. Pembe has no giraffes but instead okapi (from same family as giraffes but a much smaller animal). All savanna rooms close to the lobby overlook sunset. Thus, if you want to avoid the walk down the endless hallway to nowhere and want to see giraffes, highly recommend that you request close to the lobby which puts you close to everything (pool, store, restaurant, bus stop).

We have a 2 and 4 year old and our spending the first few days of our Oct. trip at AK prior to going to BLT. We've never stayed there before and could really use some clarification. When I called yesterday to get the reservation the DVC rep suggested staying at Jambo House rather than Kidani. What's everyone's opinion on this? What is everyone's opinion here? Thanks in advance for your help!!

How many floors are at Kidani? I know that the Villas at Jambo are on the 5th and 6th floors which are kinda high up to see the animals. Are there 6 floors at Kidani too and does the same problem exist?

Kidani, like Jambo has a ground floor with no rooms (at Kidani it is the parking area). It then has floors 2 through 5 all of which are DVC units and GVs extend above the fifth floor for the upstairs part of those. All DVC units at Jambo are on fifth floor except around the lobby where the concierge units are on the sixth floor (the only area where there is a sixth floor)

Both buildings are nice. Kidani has the larger 1BRs (and thus 2BRs) with the additonal bathroom. It has a much smaller pool but a longer slide and the elaborate kids play area. Its lobby is smaller, as is its store, and has only a table service restaurant, Sanaa, which is very good. Short order items are available at pool bar but it is nothing like having a counter service restaurant. Jambo has three restaurants, Jiko (excellent upscale table service), Boma (one of best buffet restaurants on site), and Mara (the often desired quick counter service restaurant). You can have a long walk to your room there but nothing like at Kidani. Busses run Kidani to Jambo to theme parks, and Jambo to Kidani to Downtown Disney. You can use amenties at either building regardless of which one you are in but walk from one front door to the other is about 1/2 mile (and thus some use the bus). You won't go wrong with either but if you believe having a counter service restaurant is a must then Jambo is definitely the choice.

We did not stay at Jambo house, but had dinner and walked around. I love the look of both, but cannot speak to the layout. Our daughter is 6 now, and although she gets tired, I cannot say we have any real issues with the walks.

When we stayed at Kidani we rented a car. The nice thing about the section we were in (Rafiki) was we were close to the lobby elevator (we stayed on the top floor). So getting to the lobby was fast. They have a parking garage underneath the building in the same section, so we just walked down the hall on the other end and were at our car (or room on the way back) very quickly. It was a very good location for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter