• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidani Village - Room Request

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi there! We are booked in a Savanna Studio at Kidani with the goal of seeing as many animals from our room as possible (of course)! Is there a certain section/floor I should request? Thanks so much!

The animals roam all over so you really can't say one is better than another. Disney does a good job of encouraging them to be in view by having feeding stations all around.

For savanna view, my usual lead request is Sunset savanna view (more than 80% of savanna rooms overlook sunset, which is the largest savanna at AKV and has giraffes and zebras; Pembe savanna is much smaller and does not have giraffes and zebras), with a second request for either near the Timon elevator on the south wing (provides short walk to bus station) or near the Rafiki elevator on the north wing (provides shortest walk to a pool gate).

Savanna view rooms in many areas provide good animal views, including those two I use which are also fairly near feeding locations for animals. There are many who request lower floor, but we are fine with any floor level (lower floor provides more direct animal view and higher provides more panoramic). Also, I consider it important to make Sunset savanna view my lead request, because it is highly likely to be granted and because requests made are met in order provided, e.g., if you make lower floor your first request and Sunset savanna view your second request, you could end up with Pembe savanna view because it meets your first request and second request cannot also be met because lower floor rooms at Sunset are already filled at the time they are assigning rooms based on requests.

Personally I have had great animal views at Kidani staying in different Savanah locations. Sunset is great and IMO seemed to be more active but really not a bad section. I will say we felt like we saw less animals on the Jambo side but it is very dependent on time of day and time spent in room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter