Kidani vs Jambo

For our family Jambo beats Kidani by a LOT. Lobby, activities etc. Kidani kids splash area is, for us, the only draw. The fantastic Jambo lobby, on a number of days they had CM's with some interesting displays from Africa set up in the lobby and the CM's would tell you about them, shading on the emblems in the middle of the lobby floor at night they had a kids parade around the lobby... Coming back to Jambo at the end of the day was always a delight. When we went over to Kidani and went inside, we were like "this is it?".
Our DD's loved it and DW said that if we could not stay in Jambo then we would stay at a different resort.

Do you use a refillable mug? If so, Kidani has a little shop right near the bus stop, in the lobby, but at Jambo you have to go downstairs to Mara. But, as you may have figured out, everyone has their favorite.

I've been going through this same debate for my upcoming trip. Jambo is available for 6 of the 7 nights I'm going, but the one unavailable night is right in the middle of the stay. But Kidani has plenty of availability. I've stayed at Jambo several times and love it, but I think I've decided I'm ok with staying at Kidani this time. My biggest gripe with Kidani is the lack of quick service food, but with the walk/shuttle if I need something it shouldn't be too hard to go to Mara. Same with Boma, not too long of a trek to get there for breakfast time.

I personally think it comes down to if you intend to visit Mara - the QS dining option much. If you intend to rely on that - then Jambo. Kidani does have a gift shop with food choices and Sanaa for TS dinner (or mobile order) and some breakfast choices, but it does not have the typical Disney food court. For ME - since I never use a food court when staying DVC - I love Kidani. I think it has the better pool and I love how quiet it is. The bus stop being before Jambo is also a bonus.

I'm happy if folks keep on hating Kidani, though, keeps the availability there for me - and I can't book early! :)

I like Jambo because it's closer to the quick service and lobby. Kidani does have a mug refill station in the store, and Sanaa offers food to go if you don't want to walk over to Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter