Kids and roller coasters?

The only thing about barnstormer is that it’s not smooth and kind of bouncy. I feel like Slinky & Mine Train are better than rides because they are smoother

Kids are all just so different. Mine (almost 4) seems fearless at home, but is absolutely terrified of Barnstormer because it's loud*. He hates the dark drop in Pirates and will not ride it (we go frequently - live close - and we haven't ridden it in over a year!).

He likes 7 Dwarves okay, because it's smooth and quiet, but it's not a must-do.

He is definitely not ready for Big Thunder or Slinky, though he's tall enough for both.

*he also really struggles with MMRR because of the explosion in the preshow. We often skip it because he's in tears in the line. I have tried showing it on YouTube and he leaves the room at that part. Bless!

SDMT has the advantage of the track being hidden by the mountain/landscaping. It makes it seem less intimidating, even when the standby line extends to the outside queue. I would suggest getting a LL for Slinky and entering Toy Story land from Galaxy's Edge to minimize the amount of time you have to observe and overthink the ride.

I finally got my almost 7 year old to enjoy dumbo? I can't get her on any e-ticket, but she did test track. Still has no desire to do any other e-ticket. She HATED mine train last year, so we didn't even force the issue this year.

Hey at least she didn't cry on MMRR this time around 🤷‍♀️ .

My younger one is a ride demon, but she was too short for just about everything this time around. I think she made it onto swirling saucers and that was it...

My kids were very tall and could ride the 40" rides when they were 2 so before we had to pay for them (ie they didn't have park tickets so no fast pass but could still ride). They both hit 48" around their 5th birthdays. I remember my youngest would scan his magic band even though he didn't need to at every ride to get the blue circle, lol. None of the rides at Disney are particularly intense (even Tron and Guardians) so I would just work my way up and see what they like. I actually think Big Thunder is the best to start on since there are no big drops....Barnstormer is very rough for adults with the seat style!

Our kids rode and loved the roller coasters at a very young age. We would watch the ride a couple times and let them decide if they wanted to give it a try. It's strange but our girls would laugh on EE and ToT but would scream on IASW and Jungle Cruise. I would wait and see how the kids react. If they are tall enough and willing give them a try, if they don't want to move on to the next thing. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter