Kids clothing for cold weather - layers or snowsuits?

Tinkjon

hailing to the pumpkin sound
We are going in November and I'm imagining that it could vary from just needing jumpers to be freezing cold. We always do layers and you can then peel them off when you're inside - but wondering if a snowsuit would actually be easier as it's just one layer to take off instead of taking off coats, jumpers, fleeces etc. But then snowsuits are all-in-one so maybe that's more of a pain?

Layers would be best, it gets cold(er) in November but the really cold temperatures are after Christmas (Jan/Feb) as that's when the wind comes from Siberia

The earliest we have had snow the past few years was right at the of November and it didn't last long :)

I'm going with layers for our trip. It goes from freezing outside to roasting when you go into any restaurant, shop or hotel so you want to be able to get the layers on and off quickly. A snowsuit isn't too easy to pull on and off at speed. Warm and waterproof footwear is the key! My daughter is a real wriggler at the moment too so I the thought of having to stand in doorways trying to get snow suits on and off her fills me with dread! Especially when there'll be so much to take her attention!

I'd also go for layers rather than skiwear in November at DLP.

We went for layers and good shoes when we went last November. Gloves are essential and hats a good idea as well, especially for later in the evening. If you've got a Matalan or a George near you then they do nice Disney hat, glove and scarf sets (or at least they did last year) and Primark is fantastic for thermals and little t-shirts that you can layer. Top tip - the largest boy sizes are big enough to fit me and I'm a fairly curvy size 14 and they're usually that little bit cheaper :thumbsup2

Whatever you do don't do what I did and buy gloves and then forget to pack them! Meant that we had to buy DS some while we were there.

I'll be going for layers again for us and DS1 who is 3, DS2 will be 6 months so it will be snowsuit for him on the colder days'

When we went on the 29 nov-2nd Dec 2010 it was bitterly cold. I was led to believe by a CM it was one of the coldest on record.

The first night we were there the cloud disappeared and the late evening temperature went down to -7. It was bitterly cold. The next morning we had freezing fog. Small ice particles formed in the fog brrrrrr.

I put loads of layers on my two dd's. We got them snow boots as well. I put tights on under there trousers. They both had a vest on, t-shirt, jumper, hoodie and a thick winter coat and drsnk plenty of hot drinks. They also had very think and warm winter hats and gloves. They still on occasion complained about the cold.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I just get fed up with peeling off layer after layer of jumpers, cardigans etc. but I guess that you are right that a snowsuit is harder to get off quickly. Layers it is then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter