Kids Club access when a birthday occurs onboard

Beachbummer

Earning My Ears
I am trying to book my 1st Disney cruise for the 4th time. We canceled twice in 2020 and 2021 because of Covid. And I canceled this past year because of my husband’s lingering fears over Covid. We’re finally ready to book and make it happen again! Unfortunately, my oldest has almost aged out of the Kids Club. He turns 11 on March 16th. Our school’s spring break starts on March 14th. If we select a cruise this week, will they allow him in the Oceaneer’s Club or only the Edge? We also have an 8-year boy and they generally prefer to stick together. So I’m afraid if they get split up, then neither will WANT to go to either.

For clarification, we are considering a 5-night cruise. The only option is the Dream (March 15th departure).

My understanding is that once they age out, they are out - meaning on the first day or two when he’s still 10 he could go in the kids club, but once he turns 11 that is not an option.

My understanding is that once they age out, they are out - meaning on the first day or two when he’s still 10 he could go in the kids club, but once he turns 11 that is not an option.
Definitely not ideal if this is true! I may switch to a February cruise and pull my kids out of school for a couple of days.

Feb cruises will be cheaper than March since March is Spring Break time.
My goal is to limit time away from school. The Feb cruise I found would overlap a holiday (MLK Day) and it’s a similar price as the March cruise. But it’s also a Marvel cruise, so I assume it’s popular for that reason.

I originally wanted a NYE cruise because those are the best dates that worked for my husband’s schedule (and no school). But those prices are crazy high!

My goal is to limit time away from school. The Feb cruise I found would overlap a holiday (MLK Day) and it’s a similar price as the March cruise. But it’s also a Marvel cruise, so I assume it’s popular for that reason.

I originally wanted a NYE cruise because those are the best dates that worked for my husband’s schedule (and no school). But those prices are crazy high!
When my daughter was in elementary school we would often cruse in Jan when there would be 2 days of no school for teacher professional days. It was nice because then my daughter would only miss 1 or 2 days of school. Now she's in high school so she doesn't want to miss any days. Plus we live in Ohio so getting away from freezing weather was nice. We did 3 Star Wars cruises and even though I'm not a SW fan, it was fun to have all the special activities for that day. I've heard Marvel cruises are really fun. Hope you all have a great first cruise.

I was on a cruise in March where my grandson had a birthday mid-cruise.. We set sail March 9th, and he turned 11 on March 13th. The kids club wished him a happy birthday, but he had to go to the Edge from then on. Not the Oceaneers club, or lab. He didn't mind it at all, and was happy to be separated from his younger brother!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter