Kids Club dining

New here! What was this? It sounds like they came and took kiddos for a separate experience during dinner if desired? Did it cost extra?
It didn't cost extra. I think they fed the kids from a limited menu in the club if they didn't want to come out for lunch or dinner. It was available in 2019 when we first cruised, but no one ever did it.

Pre-Covid they used to offer lunch and dinner in the Club/Lab. No extra charge. It was a set time (maybe 5pm for dinner?). That has not returned.

They also used to offer “dine & play” at second dinner seating. Kids went to the MDR with their families, family requested the kids’ meals be expedited, then a Youth CM would come to the MDR to take the kids to the Club/Lab while parents finished dinner. That also has not come back since the shutdown, though you are welcome to do your own version and take the kids out yourself then return to finish dinner.

Random follow up, but does anyone have a sense for how long it takes to run a kid from an MDR to say, the nursery, and get back? We have an 18 month old that has suddenly decided that sitting for more than like 15 minutes is just far too much to ask. Thinking that maybe the best plan is to get her food to the table early and then have someone run her down to the nursery for play time and maybe some sleep while we (her older sibling and four adults) enjoy the rest of dinner and maybe even a show or two. Before I float that past DH, I want to make sure it wouldn’t completely stilt the meal for the rest of the party while whoever runs to the nursery does so.

but does anyone have a sense for how long it takes to run a kid from an MDR to say, the nursery, and get back?
Which ship? And then could probably estimate. For example, 1923 and Nursery - 5 minutes ish because it is right downstairs.
Some of the others, probably 10-15 min round trip.

Which ship? And then could probably estimate. For example, 1923 and Nursery - 5 minutes ish because it is right downstairs.
Some of the others, probably 10-15 min round trip.

D’oh. That would have been helpful. Wish. I’ll check out the maps too, but we’ve never used the nursery (older DD was old enough for regular kids club last time we cruised) so I have no frame of reference for how long sign-in/transition takes. Thanks!

D’oh. That would have been helpful. Wish. I’ll check out the maps too, but we’ve never used the nursery (older DD was old enough for regular kids club last time we cruised) so I have no frame of reference for how long sign-in/transition takes. Thanks!
So, I've never actually used the Nursery BUT from purely a distance standpoint and having been on the Wish in January:
1. There were always lines for the Kid's Club, I couldn't tell about the Nursery, but it is pretty crowded down there on 2.
2. 1923 is still pretty close, the stairs outside the restaurant drop you right outside the kid's club, and the Nursery is just a few steps down the hall.
3. WoM is on 4 and Arendelle is on 5, so straight down the Aft elevators/stairs to 2, and you're basically at the Nursery again.

Longest will be from 5 of course. Someone else can probably address the actual check in.

Also in case you didn't know - the nursery has an additional charge for use. And I believe reservations required.

You could also room service or quick service something for them to eat then drop them on your way.

Also, remember during most dinners there is a lot happening so they may sit longer because the constant change in scenery.
Which could also cause overstimulation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter