Kids club for 11 y/O

Darryl111

Earning My Ears
I will be sailing with my family in November of 2018 on the Fantasy and have a question about the the Lab / Edge. Since the age for the Lab and the Edge overlap can an 11 year old use both or do they have to choose one? I’m sure my son would enjoy spending most of his non adult accompanied time at the Edge but I would like him to be with his younger sister at the Lab if we escape for a brunch.

I believe at age 11 they can choose to go to either one or both. I say that because on our last cruise DS9 said there were almost 12 yo in the lab/club. Apparently they tried the Edge and didn't like it, or had younger siblings or friends and chose to go to the club/lab instead.

Children 3 to 12 years old can join in Disney's Oceaneer Club or Lab and 11 to 14 ages can head to Edge.

They are able to switch back and forth between the 2. I think you are able to give them check out permissions at a certain age as well if you are comfortable with it. Edge does not have check-in/check-out permissions. They come and go as they please.

My daughter will be 12 on our next cruise (also Nov '18 on the Fantasy) and is SUPER excited about Edge and all the "Pre-teen" activities. However, she has 2 younger brothers (who will be 4 & 10) that I would like her to spend time with if possible. With a few eye rolls in tow, we can work it out (*cue Beatles song in my head now...)

I will be sailing with my family in November of 2018 on the Fantasy and have a question about the the Lab / Edge. Since the age for the Lab and the Edge overlap can an 11 year old use both or do they have to choose one? I’m sure my son would enjoy spending most of his non adult accompanied time at the Edge but I would like him to be with his younger sister at the Lab if we escape for a brunch.
He will have access to both if you sign him up for both.

They are able to go to both. You can preregister your son for the lab when you do your online check in. When you check in at the port he will get his band that he will use to check himself in and out of the lab. Then you can take him to edge where they will place a sticker on his key to the world card which identifies him to the counselors that he can be in Edge. At that age my DS stayed in Edge the entire time.

Our son was 11 during our PC cruise (Sept, ‘16) and he was offered the use of both. He primarily stayed in Edge but once went to the club for an activity with his younger sisters. He had the best of both worlds.
On our upcoming Alaska he will be 13 and I get the sense he will miss (at least a little) going to the club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter