• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids Clubs and Child Care

wisconsinmousermom

<font color=CC66CC>Feels so much better getting th
Hello All,

We're going to Disney World!! :Pinkbounc

My husband, myself, our 2 boys 14 and 12 and our daughter 5. We get there on 4/30/03 and come home on 05/07/03. We are staying offsite at the Caribe Royale. 2 reasons we are staying offsite is cost and space.

Now for my question, we plan to spend most of our time as a whole family, enjoying the great adventures at all the parks, dinning in various locations, even driving to Daytona Beach one of the days. My husband and I would like 1 evening out together. We would like to enjoy a nice dinner and then go to Pleasure Island. I've looked into Kids Night Out, it sounds safe and fun, but I'm wondering if we have any other options. Maybe a kids club close to downtown for my 5 and 12 year old? Is there such a thing? Do kids clubs in the onsite resorts take kids that aren't staying there?

One more question, is there an official Disney Resort that can comfortable sleep 5 people in 1 room? My 14 year old is 6'O" so he is as big as an adult.

Thanks for your help, I love this site and these boards, they've been a great help with my planning!

I think I can answer both questions!
Disney does have kids clubs they aeem to be at the deluxe resorts. Decide what you and DH will be doing that evening and pick the resort closest to where you will be at the end of the night for speediest pickup. Now the down side..these clubs are expensive $10.00 per hour per child. They do get a meal, crafts, games, full arcade use without the need for quarters (My 11 DS's favorite part), snacks and movies. The CM's are great with the kids. Personally I think it is well worth the $80.00 just to have some alone time at 1 dinner/pleasure island. They will give you a beeper just in case they need you for anything as well. I don't think you need to be an on site guest, but reservations are strongly encouraged.
Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside can sleep a family of five. One of the beds has a trundle. When booking make sure you point out that request. Depending on your dates a code rate may be available which could help with keeping prices down. Another option is to book two All star connecting rooms and put all the kids in one, and have another whole room to yourselves. The extra bathroom would be a great bonus as well!
Happy planning!

The Neverland Club at the Disney Polynesian resort is the only WDW child care club that offsite guests may utilize. There are, however, age limits. I believe the WDW kid clubs are for children age 12 and under. Therefore, you would have to consider other child care arrangements.

wisconsinmousermom,

What is "Kids Night Out" ??

My kids have stayed at the Sandcastle Club at BC/YC resort. They really enjoyed it and we liked one adult evening. The clubs take kids up through the age of 12. My kids were 6 and 9 last trip, we plan to do it again next trip when they will be 8 and 11. Lots of free arcade games, arts and crafts, legos, computers and of course Disney movies. They can order a dinner there too.

At BWI there is a day bed that might work for your 5 year old. There are 2 queen beds in the rooms as well.

:D

Wisconsinmousermom

If you are considering WDW accomodations, have you looked into cabins at Fort Wilderness. Sometimes codes and/or Annual Pass rates are available for some of the WDW Home Away From Home Resorts (e.g., Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge Villas, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter