kid's clubs

My DS age 5 at the time, spent an evening at the Neverland Club in May. He absolutely LOVED it. It's a very large kids club. It was a bit date in my opinion - in need of a rehab. Not dirty, just a bit worn. However, the club staff was GREAT. We spent time in the club before we left/after pickup and the staff really interacts with the kids. My DS, of course, loved the unlimited play on full sized arcade games. He was in heaven. And he enjoyed trying out the new Playstations and Nintendos. They also had a dress up area, lots of toys, show Disney movies on a big screen all night, and serve a kid friendly buffett dinner. They close the video game area at one point for the evening snack of cookies. I think it's to make sure the kids take a break! IMHO - it's a great deal. They also give you a pager so you can be reached at all times, if necessary. The same person that signs the kid(s) in, must pick them up.

We also loved it. We monorailed to the Contemporary and had a nice adult only dinner at the California Grill. I much needed break for everyone.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Do they just let anyone in or is there some sort
of security? I would like to try the Neverland Club when we go in October but I am always worried about security. Thanks in advance.

My 4 yr old dd stayed at the Cub's Den at WL one night during our last stay. She seemed to have a great time.

There wasn't any type of locked security on the door. When you walked in there was a CM right there. That is something to think about. Don't know about the other clubs.

Question r.e. security at the Neverland Club

The first room that you enter is a small reception area. The theme is Wendy's Bedroom. When we dropped off our son, there were two CM's there. We had to give some information,sign forms, get a pager, etc. Our son "climbed" through a window into the kids club. The main door into the club was locked, and the CM's had to let us in. We were free to roam about - however, CM's inside the club approached us when we entered. I felt like it was pretty secure - it was slow season, tho. and the club wasn't even 1/2 full. (It's really large - so they can fit a lot of kids). The asked for ID when we picked up our son. The same person that signs the kid in, must sign them out. We were also given a pager and had to tell them where we would be, approx. time we would return. I was pretty impressed!

I'm a bit of a novice in this area of WDW. If you stay off-site can you still send your kids to a club??

Thanks

Thanks for all of the advice! I just called an reserved a night for my son at the Neverland Club.

I'm a bit of a novice in this area of WDW. If you stay off-site can you still send your kids to a club??

Yes you can. We are staying off site and when I called the Neverland club to reserve a night I told them that I was not staying on Disney Property. They said that was no problem. I do not know if all of the kids clubs allow off site guests to participate but the Neverland Club does. One tip, definitely call in advance and reserve a spot since the on site visitors get first priority.

where is the neverland club? what are the other kids clubs
on property? what is the cost per hour? what are the hours?
would a 10 year old be well entertained?

Thanks!
"Pix"
:bounce:

We have used the Neverland Club at Poly and the Sandcastle Club at YC. Our kids loved both of them.

I agree with the earlier poster that Neverland looks a little worn. It is also kind of dark in there due to the theming. It is still very cool and the kids loved all the things there were to do there. For us, Poly was a bit out of the way, but the kids loved it.

We have used the Sandcastle Club for our last two trips. It was bright and cheery with all the same activities described earlier for the Neverland Club. The location at YC was better for us too.

Someone was concerned about security in one of the posts. Both clubs have a strict check in and check out procedure. Our kids came running from across the place yelling "Mommy, Mommy come look at what we did!", and they still made me show ID to take them with us. I thought that was great and felt comfortable with the process.

My kids ask to go to a club every trip now and gee, somehow we let them and oh, darn, have a night to ourselves! LOL

Thank you all for the great info! I will give my son a choice now!!I will see fantasmic this time

Glad to see so many responses. We also stayed offsite last May and were able to use the Neverland Club. When I made the reservation for the kids club, I asked them if we could use it if we were staying offsite. The CM asked a supervisor and the answer was yes. I would think it would depend on how busy the season is. Since we were there in the off season, it was fine.

Someone asked if a 10 year old would like the Neverland Club. If your child likes arcade games, Nintendo, Sony Playstation - I would say yes. IMHO it was a great deal for our son to be able to eat dinner and play unlimited arcade games for the time he was there. I was also happy to hear that they do make the kids leave the video games at a certain point in the evening to join everyone for the evening snack. Great idea to give the kids eyes a break from the games.

Of course, there's lots of other things there for the kids to do besides play arcade games. A continuous disney movie is shown on a big screen. There's dress up areas, board games, etc. for the kids to play.

I can say enough about the CM's in the club. They are really good at interacting with the kids and getting them involved.

My standards are pretty high when it comes to child care, and I felt the Neverland Club meet my expectations.

My kids have stayed at the Mousketteer club at the GF and the Sandcastle Club at the YC/BC.

The Sandcastle Club beats the other one hands down.
Here are some pictures of it. Scroll down to see them.
Sandcastle club pictures

My kids love the clubs! They ask every trip if they can go back. :)

They have stayed at the Harbor Club at the Boardwalk (least favorite), the Sandcastle Club at the Beach Club (previous favorite) and the Neverland Club at the Polynesian (new favorite).

My son loves the free-play video games and they have quite a large selection at both the Sandcastle and Neverland Clubs. My daughter likes to do the craft activities and again these 2 clubs offered her more choices.

It always works out great for us, the kids have a fun night playing and the adults get a night out. I only wish they would keep the clubs open a little later. It's always a bummer to leave Pleasure Island before midnight.

Can someone list the current cost per hour for the various clubs? I don't know if they vary depending on the resort, but I'm most interested in the Sandcastle Club. Thanks for your help!:D

In august of 2002 we paid $8 per hour per child and that included dinner at the Sandcastle club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter