Kids clubs

DisMom1981

DIS Veteran
Do kids ever nap in the kids clubs? Is there a place for them to rest if they are tired?

Ive not seen any areas for napping children in Oceaneers or Lab. It's open spaces and can get very loud!
In the nursery, there are though.

We will be cruising for the first time in 2017, and I wanted to ask if anyone knew what time you have to start paying for kids club?

Kids clubs are free. 3 and potty trained up to 12 years old I think.

I just think my kids will be tired and not able to do the kids clubs that late. They will be 5 and 7. Too big for the nursery, but also young to be up until 10 at night I think

The kids club does have beanbags that the kids can lay on if they are tired. On our cruise I saw a few kiddos asleep on them.

I just think my kids will be tired and not able to do the kids clubs that late. They will be 5 and 7. Too big for the nursery, but also young to be up until 10 at night I think

I would simply pick up my tired child. No need to have my kidlet out so late that I'm worried about him falling asleep.

On the Magic in January 2016, they had mats that the kids could pull out and put in the middle of the Club. They meant kids could lounge in front of the big TV and potentially snooze if they wanted. I tried one out during the open house and they were comfy. I almost took a nap myself.

Does the kids club have like a slumber party night? I thought I heard that from someone, but I'm not sure.

Does the kids club have like a slumber party night? I thought I heard that from someone, but I'm not sure.
On the longer cruises (14-night type ones) they will often have a slumber party in the club. My daughter slept over on the EBTA last year and loved it.

They can't do it on the shorter cruises as there are too many children onboard. (is my understanding anyway)

I know that kids club is free during the day. I just thought that you have to start paying hourly after a certain time. Wasn't sure what time that was.

On the longer cruises (14-night type ones) they will often have a slumber party in the club. My daughter slept over on the EBTA last year and loved it.

They can't do it on the shorter cruises as there are too many children onboard. (is my understanding anyway)

Thank you. I thought 7 nights was a long cruise, but guess not. Sorry I'm not familiar with all the abbreviations yet. What's EBTA?

I know that kids club is free during the day. I just thought that you have to start paying hourly after a certain time. Wasn't sure what time that was.

The nursery (for children 3 and under) charges per hour but the clubs for ages 3 and up (Oceaneer Club/Lab, Edge, Vibe) are free at all times on DCL. They are typically open at least 9am - 11pm, sometimes earlier/later depending on the schedule for the day.

EBTA is eastbound transatlantic. There are a few itineraries longer than 7 nights, including transatlantic and panama canal cruises, and I think there is a longer Baltic or European cruise offered as well. Due to the longer length and usually many at-sea days, these cruises have more special activities offered onboard.

Enjoy your cruise!

Do kids ever nap in the kids clubs? Is there a place for them to rest if they are tired?
There is no place set aside for sleeping. If they tell the staff they are tired they will send you a text. If they fall sleep they will likely be put on a mat and you will get a text. The room is so busy that for a five or seven year old to fall asleep they would need to be exhausted.

there really is no designated place for naps and it is a wild place until midnight! I have seen plenty of kids passed out but I think you should just plan on them calling you when you are tired and go pick them up. I bet you will be surprised at how late your kids want to stay in the club. Once they get the hang of it and meet other kids, they will want to shut it down every night and the place is still packed at midnight. Most parents coming to pickup look more tired than the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter