Kids day 3-5 viral test once in the US

jenna1212

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering what your experience is like for those that have travelled with kids in the last few weeks to Disneyworld. Did anyone go over that clause in the attestation that says we need to get the kids a day 3-5 viral test? Does anyone know if the viral test needs to be proctored or can it just be a rapid antigen home kit? Was anyone asked about it on their flight home?

I'm no help. Our trip is just the right length that our 3-5 days puts us at our date to all test for the flight home anyway.

So sorry I have no idea. My kids are dual so I won’t be testing until our return tests. If they ask me at the border then I will but I think being dual citizens they will be exempt

We just did a home test today and took a picture of it. There is no information otherwise. Nobody seems to need to check it but we wanted to make sure we did it anyways since it was on the attestation form.

I'm wondering what your experience is like for those that have travelled with kids in the last few weeks to Disneyworld. Did anyone go over that clause in the attestation that says we need to get the kids a day 3-5 viral test? Does anyone know if the viral test needs to be proctored or can it just be a rapid antigen home kit? Was anyone asked about it on their flight home?
This is really bothering me as well. Because it not only States they have to get that test, but quarantine 7 days as well??? This is brand new, we leave in 9 days and have no idea. One child who is 10 with 1 shot

This is really bothering me as well. Because it not only States they have to get that test, but quarantine 7 days as well??? This is brand new, we leave in 9 days and have no idea. One child who is 10 with 1 shot
The under 12 age group do not need to quarantine if travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.

We just did a home test today and took a picture of it. There is no information otherwise. Nobody seems to need to check it but we wanted to make sure we did it anyways since it was on the attestation form.
That’s what we’re planning to do as well. I’m packing home test kits to fill that requirement.

The under 12 age group do not need to quarantine if travelling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians.
This is recent info Jenna? I'm thrilled if it is, CDC website has nothing for children under 12, just states anyone under 18 as one group so I'm nervous:)

This is recent info Jenna? I'm thrilled if it is, CDC website has nothing for children under 12, just states anyone under 18 as one group so I'm nervous:)

Remember that unvaccinated kids are allowed to travel through an exception. If you open the attestation form that you need to get into the US you fill in 2 places for your kids, the one attests that they are unvaccinated but you are fully vaccinated, and then it directs you to a clause requiring a viral test for them between days 3 -5. There is no requirement for quarantine for kids. There are lots of news articles that stat as much, and even a white house press release when they first announced the measures. The only change since the US announced their measures a month ago is the pre-travel test time (now 1 day instead of 3). See clause D in the attestation. Quarantine is a requirement only if the child tests positive. https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/...tation-Amended-Testing-Order-12-02-2021-p.pdf Hope that helps.

From reports of UK families travelling to Florida, the USA Homelands agents did not ask about their plans to test their under 18s 3 to 5 days after arrival.

It is an honor system, you as the parent or guardian sign the form that you will test the under 18's in your party 3 to 5 days after arrival in the USA.

It is your responsibility as a parent or guardian to test the under 18's in your party 3 to 5 days after arrival in USA.

UK families are either bringing tests from The UK or going to Walgreens / CVS.

No one is checking or contacting UK families to see proof that they complied with the 3 to 5 day testing of under 18's after arrival.

The USA does not have a national track and trace system like we have in Europe.

There is no infrastructure to contact every family travelling with under 18's arriving into every airport in every state in the USA.

Remember that unvaccinated kids are allowed to travel through an exception. If you open the attestation form that you need to get into the US you fill in 2 places for your kids, the one attests that they are unvaccinated but you are fully vaccinated, and then it directs you to a clause requiring a viral test for them between days 3 -5. There is no requirement for quarantine for kids. There are lots of news articles that stat as much, and even a white house press release when they first announced the measures. The only change since the US announced their measures a month ago is the pre-travel test time (now 1 day instead of 3). See clause D in the attestation. Quarantine is a requirement only if the child tests positive. https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/...tation-Amended-Testing-Order-12-02-2021-p.pdf Hope that helps.
That is very helpful. It's interesting that it directly contradicts information elsewhere in their website, where they have the exact same text, but indicate in section d that you have to quarantine for 7 days regardless of outcome of test, not of it's positive. By all accounts it sounds like we are good though, thanks so much:)

That is very helpful. It's interesting that it directly contradicts information elsewhere in their website, where they have the exact same text, but indicate in section d that you have to quarantine for 7 days regardless of outcome of test, not of it's positive. By all accounts it sounds like we are good though, thanks so much:)

I haven't seen anything that suggests kids of fully vaccinated parents have to quarantine. It's always been only if the parents they're travelling with are also unvaccinated. There is an official white house press release somewhere from October but I can't find it at the moment. But is referenced in here. https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...rantine-cdc-air-travel-system-nov/6217959001/

If you look at the attestation form, there is no mention of quarantine for unvaccinated minors travelling with vaccinated parents. That has all been changed.

The press would be all over it it was the case still.

Here is the release I've been reading Jenna. Go down to the bottom regarding exemptions and see what you think

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html
That says updated Nov 28th 2021, so I wonder if they have changed that specific clause very recently
The language says that depending on the category of exemption, you MAY be required to quarantine. My understanding, based on the attestation, is that kids are not required to quarantine (but they are required to do the 3-5 day test).

“If you travel by air to the United States under one of these exceptions, you will be required to attest that you are excepted from the requirement to present Proof of Being Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 based on one of the exceptions listed above. Based on the category of the exception, you may further be required to attest that:…”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter