• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids don’t like Tower of Terror

at that age let them do another attraction while you do tower. Or make them ride it....theyll love it. sometimes they just gotta be made to experience things.

Nope, would never suggest making children ride 'anything'! Parents are to protect, not make children do things they deem scary.

OP, I would leave them in an area close to exit or near/in gift shop. At those ages, my children, especially oldest, were very mature and could handle most situations that would come up in Disney. They always knew when to use their voices, or get a CM attention or another adult nearby.

Our three kids will be just shy of 11 on our trip this year. If they didn't want to ride something I'd just let them wait somewhere until we are done. We live in a big city and at home they walk to Starbucks with their friends and to/from school themselves. I'd have no problem letting them hang around at Disney on their own. A 13 year old is nearly high school age - they should be capable of some independence.

A 13 year old is nearly high school age - they should be capable of some independence.

All children mature differently, and have different life experiences. Those who live in small towns don't have the same experience as city dwellers. Some kids are finished with puberty by 13, some aren't even close to starting, and haven't had that mental maturity take place. Some are more social, some are less social. There are highly intelligent 13 year olds and intellectually challenged 13 year olds.

I have a 13 year old who, mentally, is about 6. So, no, I would not leave him alone on a bench or a gift shop for 20-30 minutes so I could go on a ride.

If you have a child with special needs, than obviously it wouldn't apply. I figured that went without saying.

I know quite a few 13 year olds without special needs who are very immature, that I would not leave alone either. I also know a few who look and act like grown adults. My point was that there is SO much variation with kids at that age that you can't make blanket statements like that.

No. No one should ever be made to go on a theme park ride. Ever. People's fears and dislikes in this area should be respected.
I tried to explain that to my fiance who then became my wife. She eventually learned not to pressure me into going on rides I didn't want to...🤮. Some people have to learn the hard way.

I’m not sure yet, we will probably pick it up after our first three are used. We have more than one day at Hollywood Studios planned and we are not stand-by line people so we would probably skip it over standing in line.
Hi! Just a tip that if you are going before Aug 29 that one half is down so if you both really want to do it I would get a fastpass as there were no fourth fast pass availability for it when we were there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter