Kids Shoes?

Kbosch

Mouseketeer
We will be there in late September and I've been there plenty of times where we had at least some rain every day. What sort of shoes do your kids usually wear? Trying to think of something comfortable enough for them to be in all day, but worried sneakers would get squishy in the rain?

Natives! They have worked well for us on 2 rainy trips.

Crocs don’t fit my kids’ feet correctly (too wide for their feet, slide off even with the back strap.) Natives work best for us and we love them.

Honestly I'd just go with sneakers.
I've gone various times of the year including summer and I'll be going in July my next trip and I wear sneakers no matter what.
Usually my feet don't get THAT wet but I do always bring a second pair to keep in the room so that in case they do get THAT wet then I have another pair to wear the next day while the wet pair dries.

We also do 2 pairs of sneakers. And s pair of flip flops for around the resort (to the pool, food court, etc.).

Enjoy your vacation!

Yes agree with bringing flip flops too only for the resort.

I mean I do have a pair of very comfy sandals with a heel strap that I have been known to wear in the parks but only if I decide to wear a sundress or if its only for half a day but I wouldn't wear just anything on my feet. Sneakers are usually the way to go :)

I normally do crocs or closed toe sandals for the kids. Depending on the forecast sneakers as well (i.e. mostly dry days). And flip flops or water shoes of some kind for the resort.

I bought both my girls (5 and 7) Sketchers D'Lites and they love them. They are super light and cushy. They never complained about walking on an 11 day stay in 2017 and twice in 2018. Once for 12 days, the other for 8. They both still have the same shoes from our Christmas 2018 trip and they are still in great condition. We did also bring some Tevas sandals and flip flops for pool time but they wore the Sketchers every day since they never got wet.

Put me in the 2 pairs of sneakers corner. We use flip flops or crocs at the pool/water parks; normally flip flops since they take up less space in the suitcase. Sneakers are fine for walking as are many leather or canvas sandals.
As for wet from the rain or water rides like Kali Rapids and Splash Mountain; it's FL, they'll be dry in a very short time.

My rule for packing is two of most things for everyone. 2 sneakers and 2 sandals so one can dry out while you wear the other.

Natives - they're so great. Can be worn with or without socks. If they get wet they dry super fast, too.

If you do get them I recommend having kiddos wear them a few weeks before your trip, though.

When the kids were little they wore Nike sandals, the ones that were like neoprene. Those never rubbed or broke their feet out. They are older now so we go with the 2 pair of sneakers/flip flops. The girls even wore flip flops to the parks one day against mom’s advice ( they are invincible young adults) and they were sorry for it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter