Kids signing out of Club / Lab

luv2cruisedisney

DIS Veteran
We have a soon to be 9 yo, we are discussing allowing him to sign himself out of the club.

So, here is the question, do you get a notification on the app when kids sign themselves out?

TIA :3dglasses

No. We always had the rule she needed to contact us when leaving, and either join us or go to the stateroom.

In august on the wonder they did send us a notification on the app when our girls signed out. You can also tell the cm that you want this and they will add it to you kids profile. Another rule we had was they had to go back to the room. They also needed to show us they could make it from the kids club to the stateroom on their own.

Like everything with the app, we found it was hit or miss so we required our daughter to return immediately to the room if she checked out and if we weren't there, send us a message both with iMessage and via the app.

Our 9yo had privileges but never used them 😆. One, because the club was too fun, and two, because his time there was limited by all the other activities we did together.

Our 8 year old twins had the in/out privilege. We had walkie talkies and they would let us know what they were doing. Sometimes they left because they were hungry, sometimes because the programing was for younger kids. I liked that they had the freedom.

I have been debating this too! our darling boy will be freshly nine when we cruise again and we are going on a ship he hasnt been on before.. I don't know if I want him going to the room alone as we are going to have a balcony.
But I also don't want him to feel locked into staying.
I have considered sending the wave phone with him, but i don't want that charge if he loses it. I might delete all the games off his iphone and let him take that with texting only privileges

I have been debating this too! our darling boy will be freshly nine when we cruise again and we are going on a ship he hasnt been on before.. I don't know if I want him going to the room alone as we are going to have a balcony.
But I also don't want him to feel locked into staying.
I have considered sending the wave phone with him, but i don't want that charge if he loses it. I might delete all the games off his iphone and let him take that with texting only privileges
I don’t think a Wave phone is even an option anymore. You could send your son with a stripped-down cell phone, or just tell him to have a Castmember text you when he wants to leave. Or, you could set a time to pick him up, and let him choose to stay if he wants to. You could also give him the ability to check himself out after you see that he can navigate the ship without your guidance.

My daughters only 5, but when she was ready to leave the kids club she would tell a staff member and they would text me via the app then I’d go pick her up. I loved that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter