Kielbasa at McDonald's??!!

Krisu

Meeska, mooska, Mouseketeer, Mousecartoon time now
A local Alderman here wants to get a petition signed to see if the local McDonald's would consider serving Kielbasa sandwiches. He feels there would be a demand for it since there is a large Polish and Eastern European population here. The owner said he would speak to someone at the corporate level. Have you ever seen any regional food served at McDonald's?

didn't that McRib sandwich start as a regional thing?
I don't know in what part of the country though.
I know they test market different food in parts of the country
some McD's had pizza for a while
I don't know if they still have it

Well, the McRib didn't catch on up here in New England... but they still carried it in the South. Not sure if they still do.

When I worked there back in the early 80's...our owner used to do different flavored shakes. We were one of the few stores that still mixed shakes on spindles. So all he had to do was buy different flavors of syrup to put in cups before we added the ice milk & then mix.

I would think keilbasa would be extra work & equipment though. Cooking it on the grill with other burgers would effect taste of burgers. So they would need a separate grill....kinda like how we used to cook breakfast sausage on different grill because of seasonings.

Just a thought.

Are there different breakfasts at McDonald's down South?? (or maybe I'm thinking of another chain:confused: )

I remember when I was in Hawaii a while back you could get Portuguese sausage for breakfast. That is kind of a traditional Hawaiian breakfast and I have never seen it at any other McDonalds.

Yikes, my fiance is polish and cooks kielbasa alot, if McDonalds start serving it, we will be there all the time:eek: . Hope it doesn't happen.

This thread has me thinking. All of my Polish grandparents have passed away, but they would have loved this idea. And Krisu, my maternal grandfather and my paternal grandmother were both born in Connecticut. I suppose they could be the ancestors of some of those Polish folks that are there now. :D

I've only ever seen lobster rolls in McDonald's in Maine. They're not hardly as good as the ones at Day's Lobster Pound in Yarmouth.

All I can say is..if they do serve it, it had better be the good stuff. :D

I will never forget that, while visiting family in Cleveland, we went to the Cleveland Zoo. The McDonald's inside the zoo served "McBratwurst".....no really, a Bratwurst on a bun. My DH just rolled his eyes and said "Only in Cleveland!" I think he's right. I've never, ever seen this anywhere else. BTW, it was pretty tasty!

McDonald's down here used to sell the best steak biscuits for breakfast. When I moved to CT, I discovered how regional they were. When I ordered one, the guy kept 'correcting' me...."You mean sausage biscuit. "

The McDonalds in France serve banana shakes and they are yummy! They still use styrofoam containers there, too.

The McDonald's closest to us sells regular and French Vanilla cappucino, but none of the other McDonald's in the area sells either???? They've been selling it at least 5 years and it's delicious. It's the only thing I like at McDonald's. :p

We have lobster sandwiches in the summer and they tried a Johnsonville Brautwurst sandwich this past year too. The latest trial is a chicken flatbread sandwich.

McD's often has test markets for certain new items.

In Illinois you can get Sausage Gravy and Biscuits for Breakfast.

Buz

You may have a shot at the McKielbasa. I was reading an article about McDonald's in Poland and that is one of the items on the menu. I was laughing to myself when I read it....who knows it could be coming to a Mickey D's near me. ;)

Lobster sandwiches? Is it fused pieces parts or real pieces of lobster?

As for the steak Biscuit, we sell them at our McDonalds, we just take breakfast steak and put it in a biscuit.

McBrauts were here a few summers ago, and we may get them back. Right now, I know up on the New Taste Menu (The food that comes and goes), at our store is:

Grilled Chicken Flatbread
Strawberry Bananna Shake
Pinapple Pie

We were going to get McRib in September, but we got the McPick McDisaster instead. Thank god its gone! We are getting back Summertime Burger and Big Grilled Hotdogs this summer, I know that. And we may get back Artic Orange Shakes. As for McBrauts, I will ask a manager next time I am in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter