Kilauea Eruption

Man...I really want to get to the Island of Hawaii now. I justified skipping it because there were no active eruptions, but that's really cool. Just not sure it justifies getting multiple Covid tests for the privilege of island hopping.

UPDATE: This is so cool!
Duuuude that is so cool!!! Thanks for sharing!! We were able to see the lava flowing into the ocean at night 4 years ago and that was so neat but that fountain of lava is awesome!

Time for another check-in on the volcanoes;
Kilauea has found a happy medium. Still erupting but not-so-much drama;

Mt. Etna is stealing the spotlight now;

Thanks for the update, it looks like we are not that many days until there is an overflow of the inner rim

Thanks for the update, it looks like we are not that many days until there is an overflow of the inner rim
If it does that - it might not. Here's a discussion from a past eruption;
https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/ki...olcano-update-Summit-lava-lake-overflows.html
Although Kīlauea’s summit and East Rift Zone magma systems are connected, with changes at one sometimes leading to changes at the other, the Puʻu ʻŌʻō vent on Kīlauea Volcano’s East Rift Zone has shown no direct response to the recent overflows. However, HVO tiltmeters, GPS, web cameras, and field observations, continue to record inflation of Puʻu ʻŌʻō and the upper portion of the Episode 61g lava tube system, which could lead to the opening of a new vent on or near Pu‘u ‘Ō‘ō. If/when that happens, it is possible, even likely, that the summit lava lake will be affected, most likely by a significant drop in the lake level.
That's how the last eruption happened. The crater here was filling up with magma, then it emptied out and ended up coming out of a fissure in a rift zone closer to Hilo. The fact that it is slowing down and the lava is cooling makes me think that won't happen this time - but it sure is fun to watch!

If it does that - it might not. Here's a discussion from a past eruption;
https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/ki...olcano-update-Summit-lava-lake-overflows.html
That's how the last eruption happened. The crater here was filling up with magma, then it emptied out and ended up coming out of a fissure in a rift zone closer to Hilo. The fact that it is slowing down and the lava is cooling makes me think that won't happen this time - but it sure is fun to watch!
lets hope, if the pressure rises enough to open the rifts and drains like last time that will be a mess I think the best would be if the overflow over the inner rim just fill the much larger outer crater
if memory serves me its rim is at 1000m+ which is 200 m above the inner rim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter