• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kilimanjaro Safari

SpfAkf

Mickey's Fire Brigade
Is Kilimanjaro Safari better to use a Fast Pass or stand by? It seems that the Fast Pass lines are slow due to waiting for the Magic Bands to read. Where as, guest are just walking right past those using Fast Pass. Has anyone seen or experience this.:confused3

Is Kilimanjaro Safari better to use a Fast Pass or stand by? It seems that the Fast Pass lines are slow due to waiting for the Magic Bands to read. Where as, guest are just walking right past those using Fast Pass. Has anyone seen or experience this.:confused3

FP is pretty much always faster than standby for ride-type attractions, no exceptions I can think of.

If you're not riding when the park opens, it's a must, and you don't want to wait 30 min, then FP it.

The FP line always moves faster and is really never a wait on KS. When the line meets the SB line, they normally hold all SB and let all FP by.

Another recommendation to use FP+ unless you plan on being at the park for rope drop and then walking immediately to Kilimanjaro Safaris.

The fact that it takes longer to enter the FP line may be inconvenient but really it's just a perceptual illusion. It doesn't slow down the line overall. Either way, the ride can't load passengers fast enough for the time it takes to scan your MB to make a difference.

You may see people passing you up to enter the SB line but you will soon pass them up once you get through the entrance.

You need to ride this when the park opens if you truly want to see the animals at their peak activity level!

Using a fastpass at park open is a waste, IMO

We went at rope drop on a low crowd day (according to Josh at easy wdw dot com) and did not have to wait in any lines at all for the entire day. Safari first thing, then everest and primeval in the afternoon. I think we walked right into Kali river rapids.

We like going at rope drop and riding first thing and having a FP+ for late in the day. Two totally different experiences.

Depends on the time ur there. opening or near closing I'd say no. If your in between id say yes to using the FP.

BTW nice ride my family loves it.

I know what you are talking about. On very slow days I've seen a 4 or 5 minute delay to scan MagicBands at the first scanner while the Standby line is a walk-on. I've also seen this happen first thing in the morning and late in the afternoon even on slightly busy days.

95% of the time this is not the case and FP+ is quicker. I would always recommend getting FP+ for the safari.

On a related note, I always laugh when I see the party in front of me go to the FP+ line when walking up to Journey into Imagination. I know the time it takes them to scan their bands twice will let me actually be on the ride ahead of them by using the standby line.

Trying to decide what to do here. We have an 8:20 ADR at Tusker. I've read this is one of the longer breakfasts and you are likely to wait 20+ minutes to get seated. If I get out at 9:40 will the line to safari be so long that I'd wait over a half hour? Thinking about getting rid of this ADR like I did H&V so I could fight to get to TSMM at RD.

You need to ride this when the park opens if you truly want to see the animals at their peak activity level!

Using a fastpass at park open is a waste, IMO

This!

Also, if it starts to pour, that's a great time to see the animals as well. I would still do it within 30 mins of park opening without a FP+...but that's just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter