"Killing time" attractions and things to do

Epcot: Living Seas aquarium (enter through the gift shop if you want to skip the ride)
MK: Tiki room (can chill out in the shaded waiting area until the next show), Monsters Inc (pre-show plus show takes a little longer), Philharmagic (indoor waiting area to enter next show)

MK - COP, People Mover, Tiki Room, Country Bears, HOP, and Philharmagic.
Epcot - Three Caballeros, movie in France, and American Adventure.

MK:
It's a Small World
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Mickey's Philharmagic
Carousel of Progress
Enchanted Tiki Room
Disneyworld Railway

AK:
Tree of Life
It's Tough to be a Bug
Forest Trail
Jungle Trek

I just wander around and do whatever is nearby to where I want to be after I'm done killing time--I wouldn't aim for anything specific or decided upon in advance, since that's liable to mean a lot of my time is "killed" in trekking back and forth across the park. Less walking, more spontaneous enjoying!

So if I'm in Tomorrowland and I've got half an hour before a Space Mountain FP+, it might be Carousel of Progress or Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Wouldn't even consider one of those for killing time if I were in another area, even an area as close as Fantasyland--make sense? If there's not a quick attraction in the area, I'll just poke around the area looking at scenery, grabbing a snack, and/or looking through the shops. That's what I did in Epcot when I snagged a FEA FP+ and had less than an hour to wait for it--no sense walking all the way to Future World for a "quick" ride when it'd be a lot less walking to just take in the surrounding pavilions in World Showcase.

It's outside, but confined to Adventureland-Pirates Adventure:Treasure of the Seven Seas. It's an interactive scavenger hunt where you trigger several hidden special effects. Each adventure (there are 5) takes about 15 minutes and kids in the 7-10 age range love it.

MK - Tiki room, Treehouse, Philharmagic
Epcot - Aquarium area by the exit of Nemo, Living with the Land, France Movie, Mexico Pavilion, we used to hang out at Club Cool, but it's closing...
Animal Kingdom - Nomad lounge

Magic Kingdom: Carousel of Progress
EPCOT: Gran Fiesta Tour and/or explore any of the pavilions
Hollywood Studios: Beauty of the Beast show and/or walk through gift shops
Animal Kingdom: Look at the various animal exhibits and/or hit up gift shops or find some good snacks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter