Kim Mulkey's Comments Post South Carolina/LSU Basketbrawl

Angel Reese just couldn't be quiet and let all the attention and spotlight be on a great Iowa victory.

Angel,could you at least have waited a day or two to make it all about you again?

Her Post Game comments.

"I don't really get to stand up for myself. I mean, I have great teammates. I have a great support system. I've got my hometown. I've got my family that stands up for me. I don't really get to speak out on things just because I just try to ignore and I just try to stand strong," Reese said after the game.

"I've been through so much. I've seen so much. I've been attacked so many times, death threats, I've been sexualized, I've been threatened, I've been so many things, and I've stood strong every single time."

She must have thought Sunday was St. Patrick's Day instead of Easter.

I thought the same thing. It was definitely more subtle than her typical attire, but she was wearing a lot more gold jewelry than I recall seeing on her in the past and her eye makeup was definitely in the purple family.

I saw where only Iowa was on the Court for the National Anthem.

Mulkey says she always does pregame that way,but,come on,she knows better than that.

That was the ELITE EIGHT of the NCAA Tournament!

Both Teams are always out on the Court pregame for these big games!

Very bad look for LSU.

I saw where only Iowa was on the Court for the National Anthem.

Mulkey says she always does pregame that way,but,come on,she knows better than that.

That was the ELITE EIGHT of the NCAA Tournament!

Both Teams are always out on the Court pregame for these big games!

Very bad look for LSU.

Agree.

Hailey Van Lith is headed for the Portal.

Looks like a year of Mulkey was more than enough!lol

Last edited:
Lots of people are upset about the moving screen call in the last minute of Iowa/Connecticut.

Many are saying Fans were "robbed" of a proper finish.

This is my thing-it was definitely a Foul,not a HUGE,BLATANT Foul,but a Foul nonetheless.

Many are saying a Foul that "small" should not be called at the end of a Game,that the Players need to settle it,not the Officials.

I have no problem with that Policy,BUT if that is the way "Basketball" wants the end of Games officiated,that needs to be made OFFICIAL Policy and the Officials need to be INSTRUCTED to only call HUGE,BLATANT Fouls at the end of Games.

Lots of people are upset about the moving screen call in the last minute of Iowa/Connecticut.

Many are saying Fans were "robbed" of a proper finish.

This is my thing-it was definitely a Foul,not a HUGE,BLATANT Foul,but a Foul nonetheless.

Many are saying a Foul that "small" should not be called at the end of a Game,that the Players need to settle it,not the Officials.

I have no problem with that Policy,BUT if that is the way "Basketball" wants the end of Games officiated,that needs to be made OFFICIAL Policy and the Officials need to be INSTRUCTED to only call HUGE,BLATANT Fouls at the end of Games.
I like the comments Paige Bueckers made after the game. Basically along the lines of - it shouldn't have come down to that play deciding the game if they had played better earlier.

It was a great game. I really though UConn was going to win. I thought they played a better game. It was definitely a foul at the end. She moved over and stuck her elbow out on the screen. Not a clean screen. You can't say it depends on the time of the foul or how close the game is - rules are rules.

Looking forward to the final later today. It will be a great game to watch.

It was a great game. I really though UConn was going to win. I thought they played a better game. It was definitely a foul at the end. She moved over and stuck her elbow out on the screen. Not a clean screen. You can't say it depends on the time of the foul or how close the game is - rules are rules.

Looking forward to the final later today. It will be a great game to watch.
Exactly. The rules don't go out the window in the last few minutes of the game.

Photos also show her legs extended far beyond what is allowed when using a screen.

I like the comments Paige Bueckers made after the game. Basically along the lines of - it shouldn't have come down to that play deciding the game if they had played better earlier.
Very classy response from Paige-much classier than her Coach.

Exactly. The rules don't go out the window in the last few minutes of the game.

Photos also show her legs extended far beyond what is allowed when using a screen.
No doubt-amazed at how many people close to the Sport said it shouldn't have been called "in that situation".

My deal is UNTIL the officials are INSTRUCTED to not call "small" Fouls at the end of games they HAVE to call them.

End of discussion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter