• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kimonos

TiggerTrigger

a.k.a. HouCuseChickie
I'm thinking about Kimono's as my dinner before the half marathon in January, but I have a few concerns since it doesn't accept reservations.

- I'd be going during peak dinner hours on a Friday night. It would just be me and I remember seeing a bit of a crowd there when I stayed at the Swan a couple of years ago. I'm sure much of that is for karaoke, but a crowd is a crowd. Do you think I'd run into any issues being seated as a party of 1?
- My parents have eaten there and said the food was good, but I got a lecture from my mom about not going because she felt the portions were small for the prices. I saw this echoed in several TripAdvisor reviews, so I was wondering if anyone else shared this opinion?
- I'm gluten free and dairy free due to some intolerances and I'm nervous about getting sick before I need to run. I can see their menu is well labeled for gluten free and several more western dishes involving cream cheese are easily identifiable. Still, wondering if anyone has dined there with food issues and had a good experience with them responding to their needs.

I keep debating about booking Flying Fish as a backup plan. Mind you, they'd need to tailor something to my dietary needs, but obviously there's some peace of mind in having an ADR, having the issues noted on your ADR and knowing how good Disney usually is with these things.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

-

We usually stay for at least part of our trip at BC/YC, in part because of its proximity to Kimonos. DW and I both have dairy intolerances and DD18 has dairy, egg, peanut, tree nut allergies. I know that past experience does not guaranty future success, but we have eaten there at least 15 times without issue and have found them to be very helpful. We have usually just found items we think we can have and had the server inquire with the kitchenI cannot speak to how the handle gluten intolerances/allergies/celiac. We have always gone there before karaoke, but have never had a problem with a party of 3 to 6. I believe they have a sushi counter that a single could fit in if available. I have heard that it does get crowded after karaoke starts, especially weekends, but have no first hand knowledge as we have always been on our way out before it starts. Have a safe and scrumptious dinner wherever you go!

We usually stay for at least part of our trip at BC/YC, in part because of its proximity to Kimonos. DW and I both have dairy intolerances and DD18 has dairy, egg, peanut, tree nut allergies. I know that past experience does not guaranty future success, but we have eaten there at least 15 times without issue and have found them to be very helpful. We have usually just found items we think we can have and had the server inquire with the kitchenI cannot speak to how the handle gluten intolerances/allergies/celiac. We have always gone there before karaoke, but have never had a problem with a party of 3 to 6. I believe they have a sushi counter that a single could fit in if available. I have heard that it does get crowded after karaoke starts, especially weekends, but have no first hand knowledge as we have always been on our way out before it starts. Have a safe and scrumptious dinner wherever you go!

This helps a lot! Thank you! I know experiences can vary, but your dairy intolerance & allergy experiences and their menu labeling for gluten free makes me think it should be OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter