Kim's new and improved life journal!

kimwim8

<font color=red>Won't admit to anything<br><font c
Well, I've had it. I can't stand that I can't fit in any of my clothes & I refuse to buy bigger clothes AGAIN.

So my sister and I made an appointment with a nutritionist and went to see "my new best friend" on 12/23. I know, it sounds crazy....but we actually told her we didn't want to start the new plan until 12/26...and she was ok with that.

Nancy, my nutritionist, had us fill out a questionaire and then she weighed us & met with us for about 1/2 hour. She is AWESOME!! I am sooo inspired to lose weight & be a healthier person. I am also ready to teach my children the proper way to eat. That is my #2 reason for going to see Nancy (of course #1 is to loose weight ;) ).

OK, so I ate like a PIG the next few days. I know, I didn't need to - I felt bad enough...but that little voice in my head kept whispering...."it's the last time in a LONG time you're gonna eat bad food". So that voice convinced me to go at it....eat, eat, eat. And in a sick, twisted way...it actually helped me on Monday 12/26 to be good. I was sooooo disgusted with food, that I was DETERMINED to be the best client Nancy has ever had!!!

Today is actually day 3, and I'm doing well. I have no cravings, and I've even forced myself to eat some of the things that are on the "optional foods" list that I probably would not have eaten on any other day. For example...cantelope. DH, DD & DS LOVE it! I don't like it at all. But I ate 1/2 canteloupe yesterday. I forced it down (told DH it must be what people eating bugs on Fear Factor go through) and I was full. Mission accomplished.

I see Nancy again on Friday, 12/30 - day 5. She said at that meeting she will completely change what we can eat - and I look forward to finding out what that is!!

I meet with her weekly until I hit my goal & am on "maintenance" and then I'm not sure how it works...I may just see her as I need to. I don't know.

Ultimately, I want to lose 30 pounds. I don't know if that is possible, considering the last time I weighed 30 pounds less than I do today, I was probably 18 or 19 (and I'm 32 now :rolleyes: ). But I'm gonna give it a shot.

If anything, I will be a healthier person, my family will be healthier, my kids will know that I practice what I preach, and I will be a more self-confident me.

Thanks for sticking with me so far...please feel free to check in & comment, chat, vent, whatever!!!

One last thing...I mentioned to DD6 last night about my plan to lose weight, and that I will have a lot more energy to play and have fun with her & DS4. Her response..."And you won't be as MEAN?" :rotfl2: I guess overweight mommy + lack of energy = MEAN mommy!!! I told her I couldn't make any promises, but if she listens and behaves, then I will be LESS mean!! Gotta love her honesty! :love:

Thanks!!!!

Hi Kim! Im glad that you started a journal--ill come visit ya on here all the time :)
I think that going to Nancy is a great idea!! I bet it will really help stay on track as well--Id love to do something like that, but i am such a picky eater, its ridiculous!
CoNgrats on doing good at day 3! i honestly think the beginning is one of the harder parts and you are doing great!
Keep it up!!!!

Thanks Jen, I appreciate your support!!

GO US!! :cheer2:

Hi Kim-
I relaly appreciate you coming onto my journal!
I know you go and see Nancy tomorrow--i cant wait for you to come back and update to see what you can eat!!
Day 4 already! is it getting easier for you??
talk to you tomorrow!

Congrats on being brave enough to get started BEFORE the New Year! :cheer2: You're fortunate to have found someone you enjoy working with. Anytime I hear 'no cravings' I'm interested. What do you think is helping you the most with this program? Have a happy New Year!

Jane E. said:
Congrats on being brave enough to get started BEFORE the New Year! :cheer2: You're fortunate to have found someone you enjoy working with. Anytime I hear 'no cravings' I'm interested. What do you think is helping you the most with this program? Have a happy New Year!

Hi Jane!!

Unfortunately, it's not the food that's helping me along this time....it's my disgust for myself :rolleyes: . I have hit my "rock bottom" and am so determined to change for the better.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday...decided to put away the Christmas gifts...and then today we took down all the decorations & the tree - what a big job.

Anyway...I went to see Nancy yesterday & I lost 3 pounds!!! I'm pretty excited about that. I truly think I gained after I originally weighed in with her Friday 12/23, since I ate EVERYTHING until 12/26 when I actually started the plan. So I think I actually lost more than 3 pounds...I lost the few I probably gained too! (boy that sounds really confusing! :)

And the GREAT news is...I can EAT now!

The new plan is really to teach me to eat for the rest of my life. This is the way I will eat until I reach my goal, and then Nancy will modify it for a maintenance plan.

So, for now, I eat the following everyday:

3 proteins, 3 vegetables, 3 fruits, 2 starches/carbs, 1 serving of fat, along with 64 ounces of water & a multivitamin.

So I actually have choices now, and I can COOK my veggies, whereas last week, I could only have raw veggies. Who knew I'd ever be so excited about cooked veggies !!!

So.....WISH me luck. I'm excited to see what happens at my next weigh-in. This week it's on Thursday 1/5 (she had no openings to meet with us on Friday).

Oh, and I actually attempted the eliptical today (only made it 5 minutes :rotfl2: ) and I did some crunches.....BABY STEPS!!

I'll check in again soon!!

Hi Kim--
Congrats on losing 3 pounds!! that is awesome..
I had to laugh when you said baby steps--My best friend told me that so many times--he would call and just tell me, take your time, baby steps!! so thats what i thought of when i read your post:)

Im glad you have more freedom on what to eat!! i bet that is a relief!
Do you go to Nancy once a week? It seems like it is already working for you..
maybe i need something like that?

You are doing so great!! I bet next week you will have even more of a loss!

Good luck on the eliptical today!! :goodvibes:

I just did 7 min on the treadmill and 7 on the cardio cruiser..

we can do this!!

Way to go on the 3lbs!! :banana: :banana: So glad you made it through the raw veggie phase! That had to be one tough week.

Jane E. said:
Way to go on the 3lbs!! :banana: :banana: So glad you made it through the raw veggie phase! That had to be one tough week.
Yeah, I still can't believe how excited I was when Nancy said I could COOK my veggies!! haha! You'd think she told me I could eat CHOCOLATE!!

Thanks for posting guys! I'm doing good. I didn't go on the eliptical yesterday, but I did go for a 30 minute walk with my sister. It was pretty darn chilly last night when we went around 9pm, but it felt good & made us move our rears.

Today I did go on the eliptical, and made it 7 minutes...so that is a 2 minute improvement from Saturday! :banana:

I also did a home weigh-in today. I'm only going to do that once a week - on Mondays. Since I weighed in with Nancy on 12/23 (a Friday) but didn't start til the following Monday, I did a home weigh in that day (12/26).

Here's what the weigh-ins were so far:

12/23 (Nancy) - 143
12/26 (home - 145
12/30 (Nancy) - 140 [3 pound loss on her books]
1/2 (home) - 138 [7 pound loss on my books] !!!!

Now, I know...I can't get too excited about that weight today at home, b/c Nancy's scale could differ....BUT I don't go back to her until Thursday...so hopefully by then I'll be 138 on her scale!!

One last thing...I tried a veggie burger today. Not too bad! It was a Boca Burger, grilled veggie kind. I put a slice of fat free American cheese on it, and ate 1/2 cut up on the plate, with dipping a tiny bit into lite mayo & yellow mustard, and the other half I put on 1 slice of lite wheat bread with a little mustard & lite mayo on the bread. Gotta say...it was something I'd look forward to eating again....and something I know I can get at a restaurant (without the bun). So that's encouraging!

Thanks for reading....I'll check in tomorrow. Have a GREAT night!

Kim--you are doing great!! That is a great loss!!!

i cant believe you went walking last night--it was soooo cold here!!!
congrats on the 7 min on the eliptical!! i knew you could do it--did it seem easier this time?

make sure you let us know what nancy says!!
youre doing great!!

Blueeyes101817 said:
Kim--you are doing great!! That is a great loss!!!

i cant believe you went walking last night--it was soooo cold here!!!
congrats on the 7 min on the eliptical!! i knew you could do it--did it seem easier this time?

make sure you let us know what nancy says!!
youre doing great!!

The eliptical definitely seemed easier this time. I made it to 5 minutes without realizing it. Those last 2 were definitely a struggle, but I pushed myself b/c I wanted to reach that time. I don't know that I'll be able to increase it again the next time, but I'll see how it goes. (I also think the music I was listening to helped too - I used my sister's MP3 player that I have been loading music on ! ;) )

I'll definitely post what Nancy says on Thursday. I can't wait for that appointment!

I've been hungry today. Don't know what's going on with that. But I'm sticking to it. Going to bed soon, since my stomach is growling. UGH

good for you for pushing yourself! i did that yesterday too--from 6-7 minutes was tough...
I know what you mean about increasing-i decided to increase my time once a week--that way i can get myself used to 7 minute, before i increase myself to 8 minutes...
i know you must love that MP3 --glad you got songs on it :)

hope your not as hungry today--i hate when that happens!
talk to you later!
have a great day

Well, I'm back to work today, so not as much time to be hungry, which is good. But I'm actually now finishing up my breakfast, which is bad. With getting in so many proteins, and so many veggies, I've been trying (up til now) to have a protein, a veggie, and a fruit at each meal, and then having my starches & my fat with one or 2 of those meals. Well, at work that doesn't seem to work out. I can't just stop what I'm doing to eat when I want to or when I should. So I'm gonna have to rethink this. I may have to just double up on a protein or a veggie, instead of splitting them up into 3 seperate portions at 3 seperate times/day. Who knows...we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

I hope to get some tim on the eliptical tonight, but we'll see.... :rolleyes:

Hi Jen!! My day's going well so far. Short day at work, then running around to doctors appointments, picture appointments (for the kids), and a little shopping at the mall. I didn't get any exercise in yesterday, so I hope to get on the eliptical later tonight.

Tomorrow is WEIGH IN DAY!!!

I saw Nancy today, and was weighed in. I lost 2.5 pounds!! wooo hooo :cool1:

So according to her scale, and the dates I've weighed in with her...I've lost a total of 5.5 pounds so far!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter