Kind of urgent AP monthly payments question

halfwaynowhere

Earning My Ears
I was planning on going to the parks tomorrow, but I just realized that my payments are set up to be charged to my debit card on the 24th. I recently lost my debit card and had to order a replacement, but I haven't received it yet. Of course the old one has been cancelled, so my payment won't go through. I was hoping to have gotten the new card before the payment was due.
Its too late for me to call Disney and ask. Does anyone know if my pass will work tomorrow if the payment hasn't been made? Can I pay by check at a ticket window in the morning? Do they even take checks? My bank doesn't open until 9 am to make a withdrawal, and I was hoping to be at the parks first thing when they open at 8.

I have no idea, I would call and discuss this question with Disney ticketing. Get the name of the CM you speak to so if there are any issues when you get to the park you can tell them you spoke to whomever.

my guess is it will work. I have a feeling, although nothing official, that your payments are probably "for next month" kind of like insurance payments. You always pay forward kind of, probably why they ask for a deposit, just in case something like this comes up, I doubt if you are one day late then you are cut off, if it happens again by next month probably it wouln't work. The computer probably hasn't even figured it out yet.

Will your card company give you the number over the phone so you can update your automatic payments? Sometimes they do this. Or can you sign onto Disney and use a different card, if you have one?

I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure you are not the first person this has happened to.

Oh, also, you might be able to do an electronic check over the phone with Disney. You just give them your bank routing and account number with a check number and it automatically deducts from your account.

DH recently had to update his debit card from his old one and was able to call the phone number to fix this issue - however he did have his new card in hand. If you need to temporarily switch it to a different card I would do that to be safe. It was a painless process to switch for us and hopefully they can help you out there too.

From the AP FAQ page :

Can I pay monthly with Cash?

No, only credit / debit card purchases are accepted for the monthly payments of Annual Passports.

Can I change the Credit / Debit card on file during the contract period?

Yes, you change the credit/debit card on file at any time by contacting Annual Passport Monthly Payments Guest Services at (800) 410-4656.

DH recently had to update his debit card from his old one and was able to call the phone number to fix this issue - however he did have his new card in hand. If you need to temporarily switch it to a different card I would do that to be safe. It was a painless process to switch for us and hopefully they can help you out there too.

From the AP FAQ page :

Can I pay monthly with Cash?

No, only credit / debit card purchases are accepted for the monthly payments of Annual Passports.

Can I change the Credit / Debit card on file during the contract period?

Yes, you change the credit/debit card on file at any time by contacting Annual Passport Monthly Payments Guest Services at (800) 410-4656.

I think the problem the OP has is that the old card is cancelled and she does not yet have the new card.

- Dreams

Yeah I saw that :( Was just copy/pasting info from the FAQ is all. Not sure if that info is set in stone or if any exceptions can be made. Probably best to call and explain the situation and see if any options are available. I do know some banks will provide the card number/info for situations like this. Hope everything works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter