• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kinda annoyed. Photopass only has 2012 borders.

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
M going through all my photopass pics and adding borders before ordering the CD.

All the border options are 2012. Except one that says happy new year with 2013 but we weren't there at new years so it doesn't fit with our pics.

I spent $150 as do thousands of other people, you'd think someone would be able to update the borders 6 weeks into the new year?!

Okay - so weird, but better...

If I go into my "All" folder, I only get the 2012 borders... but if I go into the Magic Kingdom folder I get some really cute 2013 borders.... but it's weird that it matters which folder you go into...

**BUT** I'm given the option of a Cinderella border for my Rapunzel pics, but not not for my Cinderella pics...

But yes, better still.

I had the same issue... try logging off and back on.
I didnt have a Rupensal border either.
I did have lots of 2013 borders.
Each time I went on, the borders seemed to change. Sometimes I would have some, other times others. The ones that I had saved were still there, but I couldnt put them on the new pictures.

I know. We also were a little ticked at all the dated borders but did manage to get some with 2013.

I had the same issue... try logging off and back on.
I didnt have a Rupensal border either.
I did have lots of 2013 borders.
Each time I went on, the borders seemed to change. Sometimes I would have some, other times others. The ones that I had saved were still there, but I couldnt put them on the new pictures.

Actually, we got three really cute Rapunzel borders, but with them was a Cinderella boarder with her blue dress and a spool of thread. But It's onlt available when the Rapunzel pics are up, but not with Cinderella - but I think because there's lots of purple someone has it mixed up with Rapunzel.

Also, there is no Cinderella signature available with our CRT pic... ah well ;)

The Photopass pictures are tagged by the photographer. For example shots at MK should show up with mk borders available and epcot will have epcot borders available. It gets more specific with characters - Mickey Mouse will have a mickey mouse signature - Rapunzel SHOULD have a Rapunzel border - but if the photographer just moved from the Cinderella position you might see only Cinderella borders available (This happened to us because there were only 2 pp photographers at the princess station at town hall and the Cinderella photog walked over and took our rapunzel pictures thus we have the border mixup). I had a number of problems with my photopass plus this trip - Mostly in MK - which is why I am reading this thread. I am not a DW newbie I have at least 15 trips under my belt - but this is only the second time I used pp.

The Photopass pictures are tagged by the photographer. For example shots at MK should show up with mk borders available and epcot will have epcot borders available. It gets more specific with characters - Mickey Mouse will have a mickey mouse signature - Rapunzel SHOULD have a Rapunzel border - but if the photographer just moved from the Cinderella position you might see only Cinderella borders available (This happened to us because there were only 2 pp photographers at the princess station at town hall and the Cinderella photog walked over and took our rapunzel pictures thus we have the border mixup). I had a number of problems with my photopass plus this trip - Mostly in MK - which is why I am reading this thread. I am not a DW newbie I have at least 15 trips under my belt - but this is only the second time I used pp.

This is very interesting! Would it be insulting to the photographer in this situation to ask them to make sure they're tagging for a certain character border if they're doing multiple character photos?

So, I spoke with them... sure enough the picture have the correct tag, but it was the cinderella border that was incorrectly tagged as a rapunzel border probably because it is purple..

She couldn't fix the boarder, but she added a rapunzel tag to my cinderella picture so I could use it.

Its great to know you can call them, I didn't think of doing that when we had PP. I will keep that in mind if we end up with any wrongly tagged ones.

That is crazy because we went in November, and almost all of our pics had the option of 2012 or 2013 borders.

Email them. I had lots of problem with this from December trip. Before New Year's even hit, they replaced the 2012 borders with the 2013 ones. Then the Merida borders that had been there were gone. Each time I emailed them, they fixed it for me, but something else would go wacky.

Email them. I had lots of problem with this from December trip. Before New Year's even hit, they replaced the 2012 borders with the 2013 ones. Then the Merida borders that had been there were gone. Each time I emailed them, they fixed it for me, but something else would go wacky.

Yeah, I love the Merida borders... but why would they get rid of the Princess and the Frog borders... they were so cute and they already existed so I was sad I couldn't use them.

Well thanks, maybe you calling got us those adorable Merida borders... the Rapunzel borders are also adorable!

I had this problem as far back as September/October last year. I could not understand why there were still some 2011 borders by that stage of the year :confused3 Logging out and in again didn't help the issue. I didn't call because there seemed to be plenty options for borders and I was happy to work with what was there at the time.

**BUT** I'm given the option of a Cinderella border for my Rapunzel pics, but not not for my Cinderella pics...

But yes, better still.

We had this a lot with the Fab 5 photos and also, for example, when we met Tigger and Eeyore, all the borders said "Winnie the Pooh"; same for Chip and Dale - only Chip was available. There were several more like this but I can't recall which ones. Most of our character photos ended up with generic park borders or Dreams Come True border. We've ordered PP+ often enough in the past that it wasn't more than just mildly annoying to me, but I probably would have been a little more irritated about it a few years ago.

I had this problem as far back as September/October last year. I could not understand why there were still some 2011 borders by that stage of the year :confused3 Logging out and in again didn't help the issue. I didn't call because there seemed to be plenty options for borders and I was happy to work with what was there at the time.

We had this a lot with the Fab 5 photos and also, for example, when we met Tigger and Eeyore, all the borders said "Winnie the Pooh"; same for Chip and Dale - only Chip was available. There were several more like this but I can't recall which ones. Most of our character photos ended up with generic park borders or Dreams Come True border. We've ordered PP+ often enough in the past that it wasn't more than just mildly annoying to me, but I probably would have been a little more irritated about it a few years ago.

I"m happy now... when I was in the "All" folder there were NO 2013 borders... but when I went into each individual park folder, they were there... so I was happy about that.

It just seems like an easy thing to do correctly... maybe have drop down menus: 2012 borders, 2013 borders, character boarders, park borders, etc...

we met Jasmine twice and one of the encounters we aren't given the jasmine siggie or border and the other encounter we were... I think they should give us all the character options in a drop down menu so if they didn't tag the photo correctly we still have access to the borders. For instance, DD4 dressed as Belle one day, and I'd love to add some Belle borders to the pics, but can't...

I'm still VERY happy with my pics and PP+ - not too annoyed anymore ;) but would love to be given more freedom with the boarders :)

I"m happy now... when I was in the "All" folder there were NO 2013 borders... but when I went into each individual park folder, they were there... so I was happy about that.

It just seems like an easy thing to do correctly... maybe have drop down menus: 2012 borders, 2013 borders, character boarders, park borders, etc...

we met Jasmine twice and one of the encounters we aren't given the jasmine siggie or border and the other encounter we were... I think they should give us all the character options in a drop down menu so if they didn't tag the photo correctly we still have access to the borders. For instance, DD4 dressed as Belle one day, and I'd love to add some Belle borders to the pics, but can't...

I'm still VERY happy with my pics and PP+ - not too annoyed anymore ;) but would love to be given more freedom with the boarders :)

I wish they would just make it easier on everyone and let you customize them at home. Put all of the borders on the cd that go along with your pictures. This way we wouldn't have to spend hours online saving three different size pictures with each border. The software they use is not efficent at all. I have been working on our Dec trip pics. since the end of December and I am still not done because of issues with their site. I just paid 20.00 for the 15 day extension which I am not too happy about. Last year it was only 10.00 for 15 days and 5 for 7 days. I wasn't too thrilled with that either as I think they should give you longer to begin with for the price you pay for the cd's. Esp. when their site has some major issues. Because of all the problems I have had this time around I am not sure if I will buy it again. I am just glad they have left the 2012 borders up. Hopefully I get mine done before they come down. But I can also understand those that went this year wanting the 2013 borders up. I have only been in the individual park folders and the 2013 borders have been there since before the new year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter