Kingdom Hearts - Which One?

Minniemouse07

DIS Veteran
Dd (10yo) is getting her new DSi XL this weekend and would like to get Kingdom Hearts.

I went online to find the best price and discover there are three different games!!

Which do you think is best for a KH newbie to start with? :confused3

First off, the Kingdom Hearts story is presented in a chronological order. I have bolded the ones that can be played on your daughter's DSi.

BBS-Prequel to the first, Play Station Portable system
Kingdom Hearts I-Play Station 2
Chain of Memories-Game Boy Advanced. Can only be played on first generation DS's, but not on DSi, because they don't host a game boy advanced slot.
358/2 days-DS game. Can be played on your daughter's DS.
Kingdom Hearts II-Play Station 2
Re: Coded-DS game. Can be played on your daughter's DS

I recommend that she either watch, play, or read up on the first game, as it might help explain the plot of the 358/2 game more (which features Roxas, a character that is prominent in the second game, and that we don't even meet in the first game).

Re: Coded has the original characters, Sora/Mickey/Donald/Goofy, but it takes place after Kingdom Hearts II.

I thought that story wise, 358/2 days added to the series more, and was a better/smoother game to play overall than coded. It does not, however, have Sora/Mickey/Donald/Goofy featured in it.

Coded introduces a newbie to the main characters, and goes through the "worlds" of the first game, but it can be complicated to get used to as I found some of the controls a bit funky. It also sets up the beginning story for the next installment in the series, which will be on 3DS (Dream, Drop, Distance).

For a newbie, I'd probably recommend coded, because the story is somewhat easier to understand than 358/2 days, and it's the closest in plot to the first game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter