• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kingdom today 4/27 - a hot mess!!

When we were at HS a week and a half ago, TSMM had a 2+ hour wait, and ToT and RnRC were both down. It early in the day, too, so many shows hadn't started yet. Errr.... (there were a LOT of angry people...I just hopped on my phone, moved around some FP, we rode Star Tours, watched Muppets, had a snack, rode Star Tours again, got on RnRC as soon as it was back, then hightailed it outta there). We encountered an almost unbelievable amount of rides down when we were there for the week. It didn't ruin our vacation at all, but did add some annoyingness when it happened over and over again....I can imagine if you're not as FP+ savvy in terms of hopping on to switch things around, etc, it would be even more frustrating.

An article I read Yesterday said both Pandora rides have been down because of issues with the fire alarms.

They are getting false fire alarms.

Oh man, that's too bad. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Unfortunately, there's not much the operations team can do when this happens. If even one fire sensor is faulty in the whole building, you're not allowed to just disable it and continue running the ride. I'm sure it's really frustrating for the guests and just a horrible situation for the CMs as well.

Used to work in property management. If we got false fire alarms, we'd disable the horns and strobes, and schedule a physical fire-watch team from security if it wasn't fixed by the end of the day.

Wonder why Disney can't/won't do the same thing? You'd think they could disable horns and strobes and post up some cast members to keep lookout while maintenance works behind the scenes. Surely the cost of a few cast members is cheaper than what they're doling out at guest services due to the ride being down.

Used to work in property management. If we got false fire alarms, we'd disable the horns and strobes, and schedule a physical fire-watch team from security if it wasn't fixed by the end of the day.

Wonder why Disney can't/won't do the same thing? You'd think they could disable horns and strobes and post up some cast members to keep lookout while maintenance works behind the scenes. Surely the cost of a few cast members is cheaper than what they're doling out at guest services due to the ride being down.

You're making a lot of assumptions. Just because you did it in your property management experience doesn't mean they can do it in their situation. They may be drastically different.

But yeah, that stinks.

When we were there in June 2017, there were intermittent problems with the fire alarms as well. For a couple days during that trip FOP and Na'vi were open and closed and open and closed. I guess that it didn't get completely resolved then.

Assuming that was long ago... If a fire alarm goes off in any commercial building these days among many other things and do not need to go any further the AC system will shut down to prevent smoke from circulating and the air coming out from blowing on the fire making it spread faster....

FOP seemed to be fine for the rest of the day, and EE came back just before my 3:00 FP (so I rode it twice - first single rider line with no wait, and then once using the FP!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter