Kitchen Sink on DDP

jennih

Earning My Ears
Can one TS credit be used for the "kitchen sink" on the DDP if you are only using the credit for the sundae with no meal? Just wondering....

1 TS is worth $50 - $100. Do you really want to waste that much on a dessert?

Sorry...I don't have a real answer to your question.

i agree... dont waste the t.s. Then you'll just be missing a T.S. point and be uneven with everyone else.... then you'll pay OOP someplace else.

kj2mom said:
Please pardon my ignorance but what is a 'kitchen sink'?
I have never had it, but I believe there is a photo on the food picture thread stuck to the top of the restaraunt board. I heard it has some of every topping, and I'm not sure if it has every ice cream flavor. It is not a dessert you would want to tackle alone- maybe for a whole family. It is served in a kitchen sink.

Here are some pictures other people have posted.

kitchensink2.jpg

Kitchen%20Sink.jpg

It comes with 8 scoops of ice cream (you can pick the flavors), an entire can of whipped cream, brownies, pound cake, cookies, chocolate bar pieces, bananas, hot fudge, strawberry, & marshmallow toppings, etc.

Unless the price went up, it's $21.99.

I know it is at some resort, but where exactly can you find this? I saw this on the travel channel, and it sure looked good!!!

Personally, I can't stand the mish mash of melted flavoers, but here is my grandson enjoying it all by himself.

Beaches and Cream is located exactly halfway between the Beach Club Resort and the Yacht Club Resort and is equally accessible from either. One does have to walk outside the building to get to it, although from the Beach Club one can walk almost all of the way inside.

From Epcot or MGM all FriendShips stop at one combined stop for Beach Club/Yacht Club.

Also...I'd buy the Kitchen Sink OOP instead of spending a TS credit for it even if they did offer it on the DDP. Be sure to have the whole family on hand to help eat it. There were five of us (3 teens) and we could barely finish it after a very light, shared lunch. If we were to do it again...we'd just go for the Kitchen Sink and skip anything else...as a matter of fact we are planning to do just that this fall.

Sharing a Kitchen Sink is not just eating dessert...it is an experience...an event, if you will. Our family has a great memory of our first time...so we'll make another memory three years later!

Ozymoe said:
Sharing a Kitchen Sink is not just eating dessert...it is an experience...an event, if you will. Our family has a great memory of our first time...so we'll make another memory three years later!

I have to agree with this sentiment, it's the experience of getting the kitchen sink that is memorable... We are two adults & two young kids, but we still get it, the kids think it is so much fun :rotfl2: although one of them won't eat the mish mash of ice cream either :lmao: For our DD's birthday in October we got one of these & we'll do it again this coming October :wizard:

chris1gill said:
I have to agree with this sentiment, it's the experience of getting the kitchen sink that is memorable... We are two adults & two young kids, but we still get it, the kids think it is so much fun :rotfl2: although one of them won't eat the mish mash of ice cream either :lmao: For our DD's birthday in October we got one of these & we'll do it again this coming October :wizard:

Lol...I'd bring one birthday candle, put it on the top and let her blow it out! If she wonders why it's only one...tell her because it's an Ice Cream Wish candle and you only are allowed one candle for an Ice Cream Wish ;)! (Maybe you'd have to ask your server first if this would be ok)

And my grandson loved the experience. I've done it a couple of times..and it didn't get better. I like the experience of something that doesn't have bundt cake, pound cake, angel food cake, regular cake, butterscotch, oreo's, marshmallow, sprinkles, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, strawberry sauce, banana, pineapple sauce, peanutbutter, orange slices, cherries, whipped cream, almonds, brownies, hot fudge all melted in all different ice creams flavors,...oh gosh, I thought it was just terrible LOL. But it was an experience..just not one we'll ever repeat LOL!

DMRick--too funny! That is exactly what I have thought when seeing those things! Blech. Even my kids think it sounds yucky though they love to see it when other people order it. We hope someone gets it each time we are at B&C.

We will happily stick with our shared banana split and No Way Jose!

DMRick said:
And my grandson loved the experience. I've done it a couple of times..and it didn't get better. I like the experience of something that doesn't have bundt cake, pound cake, angel food cake, regular cake, butterscotch, oreo's, marshmallow, sprinkles, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, strawberry sauce, banana, pineapple sauce, peanutbutter, orange slices, cherries, whipped cream, almonds, brownies, hot fudge all melted in all different ice creams flavors,...oh gosh, I thought it was just terrible LOL. But it was an experience..just not one we'll ever repeat LOL!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

DMRick, that is funny!! Some of us like the experience with the bundt cake :rotfl2: Uh, that would be me LOL...

We will think about bringing that candle that was mentioned, with us in October... I'm sure nobody will mind the birthday candle princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter