Knott's Advice

MouseFan Down Under

Mouseketeer
Hi there:)

I will be going to Knott's Berry Farm for the first time in...OMG...23 years!!! When did I get old?!?!?:lmao:

sorry - side tracked!

So, as I was saying, Knott's for the first time in ages! I will be going solo, so will be able to set a cracking pace. I just need a plan. Any advice?

I will be in Anahiem for a week, so which day would be best to go?

Thanks

My hubby took the kids to Knott's on Saturday night, after 4pm it's half price until the park closes at 10pm...that was plenty of time to cover the park and go on the rides. My hubby said the park is not that exciting and go before you get to Disney or you will be disappointed in Knott's.

Knotts is nothing like it used to be, they have been adding roller coasters and thrill rides just about on a yearly basis. Before you go make sure you get one of the discount coupons that are just about available all of the time. Usually coupons are available at local fast food restaurants or grocery stores. Knott's to me really isn't worth the full price of admission so keep that in mind before you go.

Thanks for the advice guys, but the horse already bolted! I booked through my TA in Australia and have pre-paid - it includes transfers, so I guess I will just live with it!

Which is the best - I must ride coaster? The map on the website is pretty hard to read.

I will have just come from WDW (via Vegas), so it will be a bit hard to do Knotts first... I have been meaning to do it my last 4 trips, but just have not got around to it. I can always go back to Disney that night when I get back to the hotel - just to be pure again!

For roller coasters, my favorite there is Ghost rider (most of them do cork screws and such, the wildest one that I like that goes upside down is Rockin' Roller Coaster at WDW, so 90% of the rides at Knott's are not for me).

I asked this question a while ago and here is the advice I recieved. I have never been to Knotts before and we are also visiting in the summer when I expect it will be busy.

Silver Bullet's located right by the front gate, and should be your first stop when the park opens. From there, head to Ghost Town to ride GhostRider, Pony Express then work your way to the back of the park for Perilous Plunge, Boomerang and Xcelerator. Then do Siera sidewinder. From there, fill in the rest of the day with old-school rides like the Log Flume (where Disney got the idea for Splash Mountain), the Mine Train (ditto on Thunder Mountain) and the Stagecoach. Montezuma's Revenge and Jaguar can also be saved for later.

I hope this helps.

Mousefan while your at Knotts don't foget to eat at the Chicken Restaurant Best darn fried chicken dinner anywhere:banana:

We were just at KBF last week and it was pretty good. (we have AP) September is a great time to go-the weather is usually pretty good and if you go M-F you'll have the park mostly to yourself. I love to go in Sept. (DD8 is offtrack then!)

The park isn't open late during the week (closes at 6, or 5:30 later in the month) but you'll have plenty of time to do all rides (multiple times). The best coasters (IMHO) are Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, Jaguar, and Montezumas. I don't like Ghost Rider or Boomerang-I find them too rough! When you go the newest coaster will be open-Pony Express. It's due to open soon. (Emp. told us as early as next week) If you are going after Labor Day, on a weekday, you won't really need a plan. Just ride the rides as you come to them. :goodvibes Also quite a thrill is La Revolcion and Supreme Scream! As a single rider you might not have to wait at all! :goodvibes

Many times you can stay on the ride and ride it again. Of all their coasters, Xcelerator is the best. 82 mph in like 2 secs. There's usually only a wait for the front seat-try it once-best seat in the house!

Don't skip the tried and true KBF originals-Log Ride, Calico Mine Train, Train, Hat Dance, and Stagecoach.

We too get the chicken when we go, but we get it from the To-Go located right next to Mrs. Knott's. Same chicken, less$$$

Depending on when you go in Sept., the park may already be decorated for the Halloween Haunt. If so, some of the rides will have netting, etc. over the scary parts. Last year, however, we did see alot of the spiders on the Calico Mine Train ride. Also, the stagecoach is closed once they've decorated. :confused3

Ditto other posters advice re: discount coupons. KBF is almost always offering them. Send me a PM when your trip gets closer and I'll let you know if I 've heard of any offers. (sometimes my DD's school gives them coupons)

And yes, Knott's is no Disney-but who else is? I enjoy KBF for what it is. And yes, it is frustrating when it seems to take forever for the employees to check you before the ride starts, but you'll still have plenty of time. Oh, and KBF food and beverage prices are pretty high-even higher than DLR.

Have a good time. Maybe we'll see you there-we'll be there several times in September. :goodvibes (once we return from WDW, that is! :rotfl2: )

Me again, I was looking for disocunts for another place and I found one for KBF that you should be able to print. The current ones expire 5/13/08 but they'll probably have more later Here's the link
http://www.valpak.com/coupons/home

Put in 92881 for the zip code (or one for anywhere in OC)

HTH! :goodvibes

ADDED-Just noticed you'll be at POP in Sept. So will we-what are your dates?

Also, If you can't get a better coupon I have one from my Entertainment book for $34.94/adult-good until Nov. 1,2008. As you get closer to your trip let me know if you want it.

Not that this is that poignant...but don't go for the Knotts Scary Farm. Took 2 hours just to get to the parking lot!

i done a review on trip advisor - it should be posted up there within a few days.

(i too was on my own)

(they don't have waiting times for the rides - so i thought the log flume ride was a 40 minute wait - it looked like loads of people - it turned out to be only 10 minute wait - so beware of what looks like a long line!)

basically i feel that knotts berry farm is a shadow of its former self. if you knowing its not Disney its okay.

i done a review on trip advisor - it should be posted up there within a few days.

(i too was on my own)

(they don't have waiting times for the rides - so i thought the log flume ride was a 40 minute wait - it looked like loads of people - it turned out to be only 10 minute wait - so beware of what looks like a long line!)

basically i feel that knotts berry farm is a shadow of its former self. if you knowing its not Disney its okay.

i remember the last time i went to knotts in 97 the log flume line looked long as well so i didn't bother going on it, been to knotts twice and haven't ever rode it, i'm gonna make it on this time when i go!

Thanks DizneyDaz!

I will be at Pop from 31 August to 9 September, and then in Anahiem from 13 to 20 September. I will be with my Mum in FL, but solo in CA. When in September will you be at Pop?

The plan at this point is to go to Knotts mid week - maybe the Wednesday... I have been to the restaurant a few times - a friend used to take me there for Sunday brunch...it is really good.

Cheers!

Thanks DizneyDaz!

I will be at Pop from 31 August to 9 September, and then in Anahiem from 13 to 20 September. I will be with my Mum in FL, but solo in CA. When in September will you be at Pop?

The plan at this point is to go to Knotts mid week - maybe the Wednesday... I have been to the restaurant a few times - a friend used to take me there for Sunday brunch...it is really good.

Cheers!

We'll be at POP Sept. 1-12, plus or minus a few days. I've booked POP already (Yeah Free DDP!) but the final days will be based on airfares. We (mostly me) like to go for 10 days. (Shhh-it's actually 11 but don't tell DM! :rotfl2: ). We'll most likely be there the 1st-11th, or 2nd-12th. I'll be with my DM and DD8 (almost 9 by then). Maybe we can meet up? Looks like our days at POP overlap by 9 days. We'll also be going to DL in Sept. since my DD is off track all that month. Our current DLR AP exp. June 23 while our KBF expire June 12. I'll probably get new KBF too since they are soon reasonable and DD really has started to enjoy the coasters there. I got her to go on Montezumas for the first time a few weeks ago and she really liked it! :goodvibes

Have a great time! :)

Thanks DizneyDaz!

Cheers!

I usually would recommend going to Knotts before DLR because of the basic fact that KBF is not DLR. It's not as much of an immersive adventure and so a lot of the negative reports come from people who go to DLR and then KBF, expecting the same kind of experience. KBF is a little notch above most normal amusement parks, but nothing near Disney quality. Just a warning.

I do love the park by the way. :yay:

We'll be at POP Sept. 1-12, plus or minus a few days. I've booked POP already (Yeah Free DDP!) but the final days will be based on airfares. We (mostly me) like to go for 10 days. (Shhh-it's actually 11 but don't tell DM! :rotfl2: ). We'll most likely be there the 1st-11th, or 2nd-12th. I'll be with my DM and DD8 (almost 9 by then). Maybe we can meet up? Looks like our days at POP overlap by 9 days. We'll also be going to DL in Sept. since my DD is off track all that month. Our current DLR AP exp. June 23 while our KBF expire June 12. I'll probably get new KBF too since they are soon reasonable and DD really has started to enjoy the coasters there. I got her to go on Montezumas for the first time a few weeks ago and she really liked it! :goodvibes

Have a great time! :)

Do you have your ADR's for WDW? If so what you got? (I got Free Dining too!)

Mine are:
09.01 - Primetime (lunch) / Brown Derby (Fantasmic Pkg Diner)
09.02 - Le Cellier (Dinner)
09.03 - Tusker House Breakfast
09.04 - Crystal Palace Dinner
09.05 - Nothing - but going to MNSSHP
09.06 - Nothing
09.07 - Chef Mickey's (dinner)
09.08 - CRT (Breakfast)

Getting very excited - I leave in 106 sleeps :banana: (I am going to NYC before WDW).

Bring it on I say!

Do you have your ADR's for WDW? If so what you got? (I got Free Dining too!)

Mine are:
09.01 - Primetime (lunch) / Brown Derby (Fantasmic Pkg Diner)
09.02 - Le Cellier (Dinner)
09.03 - Tusker House Breakfast
09.04 - Crystal Palace Dinner
09.05 - Nothing - but going to MNSSHP
09.06 - Nothing
09.07 - Chef Mickey's (dinner)
09.08 - CRT (Breakfast)

Getting very excited - I leave in 106 sleeps :banana: (I am going to NYC before WDW).

Bring it on I say!

They look good!

I've only made one ADR so far. LTT on 9/9. I haven't sat down to figure out where we'll be on what days. My DM insists we don't spend everyday at Disney (I know, crazy isn't she :confused3 ). So I try to make the majority of our ADRs outside of the parks. We usually do Kona twice-my DM really likes it. :cloud9: We like to go there after we arrive, if we get an earlier enough flight from CA.

We like to take advantage of the EMH evenings so I'll probably make ADRs for dinner at some of those parks. So, we might do Yak & Yeti on the 3rd, someplace in Epcot on the 5th (maybe Le Cellier? or try Coral Reef?), 50's PTC on the 8th (or maybe HBD), Y&Y on the 10th if not on the 3rd.

Last year we ate at Kona (2x); Princess Storybook; Raglan Road; 50's PTC; Boma; LTT; Narcoossee's; and O'hana breakfast. I had ADRs for Spoodles, Sci Fi; & Ca. Grill that we didn't keep. I think this year we'll go back to CG and PF 1900 (our favorite buffet)

I haven't figured out how soon we leave yet, so here's my ticker

Before you go make sure you get one of the discount coupons that are just about available all of the time. Usually coupons are available at local fast food restaurants or grocery stores.

Do you mind telling me exactly where can I get some of these, and exactly how much do they save? If anyone can get me some ahead of time I can send a SASE. I just don't like leaving anything to chance. Thanks! :umbrella:

Bring any Pepsi product and Adults are just $29.99! Kids(3-11) and Seniors(62+) are always $19.99. Hurry offer ends June 29, 2008!

Subway Offers Big Knott's Savings

Right now stop by your participating So. Cal. Subway locations* and pick up a coupon to save $20 off regular priced adult tickets to Knott's Berry Farm. Coupons available through June 22. *Excludes San Diego County.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter