Knott's Berry Farm tips?

So the Chicken Restaurant keeps a consistent queue all day? Does it subside at all mid-afternoon (like 3:00-4:00)? If it's too crowded I suppose we could explore those alternates.

Since we have Cedar Point Platinum Passes we should be able to use them for free parking. That's a pretty solid parking tip though!

Thanks again for all the advice!

The line won't be long all day long. If you want to eat 3-4:00 you shouldn't have to wait for long. :)

We tend to float toward early meal times when we're at the parks, mostly to avoid the major rushes, so an early dinner at the Chicken Restaurant should work out well for us.

Is there a menu anywhere online? The official site just has a general description of what's available.

To me, there is more than "a general description" here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
the menu still features the same famous chicken, biscuits, and boysenberry pie.
the fixin’s still include lighter-than-air buttermilk biscuits, fluffy mashed potatoes, rich chicken gravy and mouth-watering farm-fresh vegetables.
the menu features other items as well. These include various lunch and dinner entrees, soups, salads, sandwiches and a complete Farm breakfast featuring French toast, pancakes, and daily specials.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tripadvisor is a good place to learn about restaurants
From one recent review:

Knott's chicken dinner comes with a half of a chicken, a dinner salad, potatoes, corn, a small bowl of sweetened rhubarb, all the homemade biscuits you can eat while throwing in desert

I had seen that page, I was just hoping for something more specific. I suppose as long as I know to get fried chicken and biscuits I should be in good shape...:)

Anything else we should try when we eat there?

Hello,
My familly and I will go to California in december. We bought a southern california city pass. But we also want to go to Knott Berry Farm. We read their site and we noticed the tickets "knott berry farm backyard BBQ". They didnt answer us yet this is why I'm asking the question here. Is this ticket available in december ? We will be in KBF's park on friday 23 of december. Or do we need to buy regular tickets ?
Thank you for your answer

PS : I'm sorry for my "broken" english. English is not my main langage

The Backyard BBQ has never been offered at any time other than summer.

You will not be able to buy the special combo ticket for the date you will visit.

Buy your admission tickets on the website to save time and money.
You will have to wait until tickets good for December 23 are available.

why Knotts? is it worth taking a day from DL?

We bought a southern california citypass. We will do :
1 day Universal studio
1 day zoo of san diego
1 day seaworld
3 days disneyland / disney adventure

and we also go to Knott Berry Farm. We will never take a day from Disneyland to go to Knott (my children would kill me :p)

Thank you for your prompt answers and advices :thumbsup2

Wheres the cheapest place to get discount tickets i noticed people selling on Ebay is that safe?

My BIL used a coupon that I bought on ebay to make tix almost half off (they mailed the coupon and we used it to buy tix at the gate) I bought my tix online with a code I found on retailmenot, so do a google search for knott's berry farm tickets and you can probably find a good code to use when purchasing tickets on the knott's site, my tix were 50% off :)

We bought a southern california citypass. We will do :
1 day Universal studio
1 day zoo of san diego
1 day seaworld
3 days disneyland / disney adventure

and we also go to Knott Berry Farm. We will never take a day from Disneyland to go to Knott (my children would kill me :p)

Thank you for your prompt answers and advices :thumbsup2

Knott's Berry Farm is a pretty special place during Christmas time. Yes, Disney does it up well, but Knott's feels much more "down home". In addition to the extensive decorations in the park, they have a crafters village where locals set up shop to sell handmade goods, a small Christmas Parade and a nice tree lighting show with Snoopy and the gang. There is a barn where the kids can meet Santa and get pictures.

The park has an entirely different feel at Christmas and we go there frequently during that time. It can become very crowded on "Toys for Tots" weekends. On those weekends, people can gain admission to the park by purchasing a toy that will be donated to the Toys for Tots program. Be sure to check the website for that information. During those weekends the crowds are very large and lines can be exceptionally long. You would also want to avoid using a full price admission ticket if yoiu can purchase a toy (less expensive than full price admission) that is then donated for kids to enjoy.

Look into getting an entertainment book, they have discounts in them for about 20 off each ticket for a group of 8.

Knott's Berry Farm is a pretty special place during Christmas time. Yes, Disney does it up well, but Knott's feels much more "down home". In addition to the extensive decorations in the park, they have a crafters village where locals set up shop to sell handmade goods, a small Christmas Parade and a nice tree lighting show with Snoopy and the gang. There is a barn where the kids can meet Santa and get pictures.

The park has an entirely different feel at Christmas and we go there frequently during that time. It can become very crowded on "Toys for Tots" weekends. On those weekends, people can gain admission to the park by purchasing a toy that will be donated to the Toys for Tots program. Be sure to check the website for that information. During those weekends the crowds are very large and lines can be exceptionally long. You would also want to avoid using a full price admission ticket if yoiu can purchase a toy (less expensive than full price admission) that is then donated for kids to enjoy.

That's what we are searching as well .. the spirit of Christmas :santa:
We are impatient to feel it :)

They call it "Knott's Merry Farm" during the Christmas season :santa: , and "Knott's Scary Farm" during the Halloween season. :scared1:

They call it "Knott's Merry Farm" during the Christmas season :santa: , and "Knott's Scary Farm" during the Halloween season. :scared1:

Yes, it is Knott's Merry Farm during the Holiday season, but don't confuse it with Knott's Scary Farm. Knott's Scary Farm is an entirely separate event from visiting the park on just any Halloween day. The park closes and you have to have a separate ticket. It is wildly popular and a tradition for many HS age kids from all over Southern California.

Knott's Merry Farm is the regular theme park decked out for Christmas. The parade is called "The Spirit of the Season" and it is very small compared to Disney parades but they do have floats with Snoopy and the gang and if you're there before Christmas, the final float includes Santa. After Christmas, Snoopy sits on the final float.

Another popular Christmas time tradition at Knott's is "Snoopy's Christmas on ice". This show tends to draw a large audience every time and is really very fun and yes ... it takes place on a stage that is actually a small ice rink. There are rumors this show might change for next year, but I haven't heard anything firm.

The log ride is converted into a Christmas theme and Camp Snoopy tends to be very well done for the holidays. I don't recall any other rides being redone for the holiday theme.

If you enjoy live theater, don't miss the bird-cage theater shows. There are two. One is the "Magi" show and the other is "A Christmas Carol". These are shorter versions of what you might see on a larger stage, but the actors are typically excellent and these two shows are a surprise gem.

Wondering the park are "The Calico Carolers". These are from the same company that supply the Disney carolers and if you go often enough you may even recognize some of the same people, but Knott's doesn't use the bells.

I am trying to find time for me and my family to get there. Let us know how it is and anything you suggest that we do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter