• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

Cfudge

Mouseketeer
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us-checklist/

Know Before You Go Link

"
  • Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports on or after June 7, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before their sail date to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. All other fully vaccinated Guests must be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged for the cost of the test.

So the stress of not knowing if you're going to be able to board or not beforehand is eliminated (unless you have kids 4 and under), but you'll have to arrange your own PCR testing, which may be difficult for people traveling.

Also wondering if the testing for kids 4 and under will continue to be antigen?

So the stress of not knowing if you're going to be able to board or not beforehand is eliminated (unless you have kids 4 and under), but you'll have to arrange your own PCR testing, which may be difficult for people traveling.

Also wondering if the testing for kids 4 and under will continue to be antigen?
Does it say it has to be PCR testing? Because you can get professionally done antigen testing.

That being said I feel like while this will alleviate a lot of stress for travelers I do predict cases to go up on board.

I know for our May 7 fantasy cruise I tested positive right before the cruise as did many others so we were not able to go. However our cruise Facebook group has been flooded with positives since disembarking of people who clearly caught Covid on the cruise. Just positive after positive.

If you do a rapid antigen, how do you prove it was 'observed by a medical professional'?
In Canada, we had to do that to fly to the USA last month. We ordered tests and did them through an app on our phone with someone watching. Then we sent them pics of the tests (each tests had a QR code to link to each person), and they sent us back official letters for each of us.

In Canada, we had to do that to fly to the USA last month. We ordered tests and did them through an app on our phone with someone watching. Then we sent them pics of the tests (each tests had a QR code to link to each person), and they sent us back official letters for each of us.
Do you remember the app?

Does it say it has to be PCR testing? Because you can get professionally done antigen testing.
It's unclear. This is what the bullet says on the website:

"Upload your pre-trip COVID-19 PCR test results or proof of vaccination to the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics and ensure your account indicates those in your travel party are clear to arrive at the port. A parent or legal guardian must use their own account to submit test results or proof of vaccinations on behalf of minors."

Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports on or after June 7, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day. The test must be a rapid antigen test professionally observed by a medical professional or telehealth provider, a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through our third-party vendor, Inspire Diagnostics, or obtain a test from any independent testing supplier. Beginning June 7, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged for the cost of the test. The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74.00 (USD) plus tax for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125.00 (USD) plus tax for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. For Canada sailings, the cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $95.00 (CAD) plus GST for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $160.00 (CAD) plus GST for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. Embarkation testing for Guests 4 years of age and under who are not vaccine-eligible because of age will be paid for by Disney Cruise Line.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

Click "Covid-19 Testing" and this will show up.

That being said I feel like while this will alleviate a lot of stress for travelers I do predict cases to go up on board.

I know for our May 7 fantasy cruise I tested positive right before the cruise as did many others so we were not able to go. However our cruise Facebook group has been flooded with positives since disembarking of people who clearly caught Covid on the cruise. Just positive after positive.
I sail this Saturday so I'm just sad this isn't starting now. I have to get a rapid antigen to fly to the US the day before the cruise already.

I sail this Saturday so I'm just sad this isn't starting now. I have to get a rapid antigen to fly to the US the day before the cruise already.
And I totally get that. I know it’s a lot easier to know before you go that you’re going to make it onto the cruise ship.

I also know that the case of Covid that hit my house? It wasn’t anything close to a cold. It was closer a very bad flu. I know the sailing we were supposed to be on has had numerous positives since disembarking and a few people quarantined on ship. I think with all the mandates going away at the exact same time we should just anticipate the cases on board are going to rise.

If you do a rapid antigen, how do you prove it was 'observed by a medical professional'?
You can buy them from a service that does televisits like emed. They send you the tests and you do them online with someone watching, then they send you the lab report you need. All you need for these is the test kits, a phone and wifi.

Is $74 reasonable for antigen testing in the USA? I'm doing two Disney cruises in August (debark one on friday and embark another on Saturday) and wouldn't know how to even go about scheduling my own test over there, especially without transport! I think my only option is to pay for Disneys one at the port on the second cruise.

Yes it still says that those UNDER age 5 still must have a PCR test.
Their wording is confusing.

Precruise Checklist implies PCR:
  • Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 3 days before their sail date. Guests ages 4 and under must complete the testing requirements. This will be the first of two tests required for Guests ages 4 and under; the second will be conducted at the terminal prior to embarkation.
  • Upload your pre-trip COVID-19 PCR test results or proof of vaccination to the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics and ensure your account indicates those in your travel party are clear to arrive at the port. A parent or legal guardian must use their own account to submit test results or proof of vaccinations on behalf of minors.
Before Leaving Home implies antigen is OK, but does that apply to 4 and under?:
Guests Have Multiple Options for Completing Their Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing
  1. Guests residing in the United States can purchase a pre-trip, at-home PCR test or an observed antigen test directly from the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. PCR tests must be completed and mailed back 3 days before sailing. Observed antigen tests must be completed and uploaded to the Safe Passage website within 2 days prior to your sail date.
  2. Guests can use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at one of the Inspire Diagnostics testing locations set up for Disney Cruise Line Guests near the cruise terminal. PCR tests must be completed one to 3 days before your sail date. Antigen tests must be completed within 2 days prior to your sail date.
  3. Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider.

Ug. DH is not going to be happy about this. We're flying out 2 days before the cruise...need to try to get it done before heading to the airport and the local sites want to charge if it's for travel.

DD22 currently has Covid at college...maybe I should try to get her a 90 day recovery letter...but are any ports currently preventing people from coming ashore with the recovery letter? I know Jamaica was at one point...are they still?

Is $74 reasonable for antigen testing in the USA? I'm doing two Disney cruises in August (debark one on friday and embark another on Saturday) and wouldn't know how to even go about scheduling my own test over there, especially without transport! I think my only option is to pay for Disneys one at the port on the second cruise.
Testing is readily available at drugstores like CVS and Walgreens. You can also buy a proctored self test where they just watch a video of you doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter