• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

know it all relatives!!

binny

do something that MATTERS!
Does everyone have at least one of these?

I have one in particular that drives me INSANE

I usually handle her pretty well but I saw her recently and now Im letting the whole thing fester. I have to get this off my chest then will let it go I promise.

She is just one of those people that does everything better, knows more than you do, and is, in general, head and shoulders above anyone else in the room.

I mention something, she counters with how it was so much better/worse when she did it. I say I want to go somewhere, she says " Oh no why would you want to do that when XXX is so much better", I talk about my ds' scores on his reading test and she says " well its not really THAT high because they measure it like this..." :mad:
She has an opinion on absolutely everything, knows something about everything and everyone and she just HAS to be right!!!

UUUGGGHHHH

She just gets on my last nerve!!!

Does anyone else have this relative?

Yup! :teeth:

Actually, more than one, though one is much worse than the rest.

Would it help if I tell you that those reading scores are high no matter how you measure it??? ;)

Hugs,

Deb

Binny I could send you mine so they can spend all day topping each other!:p

When my husband and I first met, he had a friend who was like that. I couldn't stand this guy. He always had to one up you. If I said I met the President, he would say well, I met the President and we had dinner. When my husband and I started to get serious, he started to back off and moved back to Ohio. Every summer or so he calls and says he'll be in town on such and such a date and will call to get together and then never calls. This has happened 3 years in a row. We are moving next month and I will make sure he doesn't get the new number.

Since yours is a relative, I know its a different situation. All I can say is instead of getting mad, now I just laugh about it. Just think, if her life is that bad that she has to one up you all the time, what a lonely world she must live in.

LOL Deb! Thank you!!

and LOL Kej, what do you suppose would happen if we put them all together in one place??? :eek:

Now THATS reality TV!!!!

:teeth:

Originally posted by cinmell
Unfortunately, yes.
DITTO! Why DO some people think that their opinion is the ONLY one that matters or, is the absolute truth?? :confused:

Oh yeah I've got one of them too..............honeslty it's so annoying, like nothing anyone else says is worth tuppence

You know, I'm running all my relatives through my mind right now and I can't say that I have one that does that (or at least one I can think of right now). I hope that doesn't mean that I'M the one-upper relative to all my family! lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter