Kohl's Veteran's Day Sale

I didn't do nearly as well this year as in the past. I feel like I'm really just searching for things to buy. The few things left that I still need are not eligible for promos. Oh well.

All done. I made 6 orders, 4 for pick-up, 2 to ship (had to go to Kohl's to get free shipping). So far, none are ready to pick up and the first order I did to ship is "complete" (even though it was the second to last order that I put through).

Bought towels and socks to donate to senior citizens that my local county is doing a donation drive for :) Well, they are doing 3 drives - thanksgiving meals (only want gift cards whereas years past, we could donate canned and fresh food), snowman gifts for foster children/mental health patients, and senior citizens.

I didn't buy as much as year's past, but I got exactly what I needed at great deals:).

My spouse got waterproof boots and a 6 pack of athletic socks.
My oldest got 2 juniors dresses.
My 2nd oldest got a Sonicare Essence toothbrush and a pair of black high heels (she asked for these:)).
My 3rd got a digital watch.
My last got 2 long sleeve Minecraft T-shirts.
And the house got a bath towel (I needed to fill in one order for a $24.99 product).

I'd buy for myself, but I'm dropping sizes and my weight hasn't yet plateaued (which is a good thing right now b/c it's all from exercise:)), so I don't wanna buy clothes and then return clothes...but I may get myself a new pair of sneakers if I get tempted tonight...Total out of pocket is $82.xx right now, so it's not even 1/2 of last year, but this year, I also did stick exactly to what the kids and spouse asked for (and with no toys included in the sale, I wasn't sending nieces/nephews presents)...

Despite the prices not being anywhere as good as previous years, I've placed 10 orders but should be done. Most stuff was a bit less than the BF prices would be, although I don't get the KC I would if I bought on BF. A couple of items I even paid a $1 or so more than I would on BF - **IF** they still had it in stock. That's always my fear with Kohl's. I noticed a couple of items I wanted - which is the sort of stuff I would imagine they would have tons of stock on (basic Ts, etc) - had already gone out of stock in the colors I wanted in the last few days, so I made the decision to just pull the trigger now. At least I know I have what I want.

Last edited:

Well....my sister in law just had another baby and said she needed clothes. So, 7 more orders later and I'm starting to feel like I MIGHT make MVP again this year despite not shopping at Kohl's all year up until last month.

17 orders total today. Most of them about $12 each. Not sure I'm done. Might order some Christmas stuff for the house.

Well....my sister in law just had another baby and said she needed clothes. So, 7 more orders later and I'm starting to feel like I MIGHT make MVP again this year despite not shopping at Kohl's all year up until last month.

17 orders total today. Most of them about $12 each. Not sure I'm done. Might order some Christmas stuff for the house.
What qualifies one for MVP status?

Hmm...waterproof boots. What brand do you suggest?

I wouldn't - he's a wide foot, so I found him all the reasonably priced wide pairs in his size (not as many as you'd hope)...and let him pick:). I'll tell you if he likes them when his birthday arrives (pre-Xmas:))...

I did see on another site that Kohl's may have truly locked those codes to MVC now. I've just been MVC so long, I wasn't aware.
You are absolutely right. I tried an order and it would not let me use the free shipping code. It said my profile didn’t meet the offer restrictions. Hmmph!

You are absolutely right. I tried an order and it would not let me use the free shipping code. It said my profile didn’t meet the offer restrictions. Hmmph!

Yup, that's what happened to me. For some odd reason, I didn't buy as much stuff as I normally do at Kohl's this year. However, I did what another poster suggested as a "hack" and went to Kohl's (it's less than 5 miles away) to get two items sent to me via free shipping (2 belts, 2 washcloths, 2 separate orders of 1 of each) and it was like $11 after the 30% off and the $10 off $25!

I did 2 orders for store pick up since I don't qualify for the MVC anymore. Unfortunately, they didn't have the stuff I wanted at the same Kohl's, so I had to go to 2 different ones to pick up my orders this afternoon, but am very pleased with the deals I got.

I was shocked how quickly items sold out. I was looking for sweatshirts and the
availability dwindled fast. Except for XS & S.
I did find earth therapeutic items on sale today.
I wished they still carried the pillow mist...it really works for us.

Agree prices were not as good as in past years. I didn't buy a single towel, blanket or throw. I did stock up on socks and underclothes and a found a few random things for gifts. If anyone knows of any good beauty or small kitchen things, I could use a few of those for gifts as well, but I didn't come across anything that looked like a good deal (in terms of price and quality).

I did okay, but honestly most of the people I shop for on my list didn't fall into anything Kohls sells or if it does, it's excluded. My orders included:

-National Lampoons puzzle and Cousin Eddie Coffee cup for my dad for Christmas - these will be funny things to add in with a giftcard
-A Pair of Dress Pants for DH
-A Pair of Dress Pants for DH
-2 long sleeve polos for DH
-A skillet for my MIL for Christmas (her request) and a spatula (for me)

So the first and last are for Christmas presents and the middle ones were just needed.

Slickdeals is reporting the following - I have no clue if it is accurate or not (but it usually is):

Nov 11-12: $10 off $25 Code=TAKE10 w/any payment type
Nov 11-20: 30% Off Code=TBA30 w/Kohl's Charge or 15% Off Code=TBA15 w/any payment type
Nov 11-20: Free Shipping for MVC Code=NOVMVCFREE w/Kohl's Charge

Nov 20 it is also anticipated that there will be another mystery coupon

ETA: Just realized the "TBA" in the 30%/15% off codes could stand for "To Be Announced". Those felt odd...

Last edited:
Well, I got the mailer for the sale this year.

$10 off $25 is happening but.......I got an individual code for the % off. I don't think that bodes well for a general 30% off code after all.

And of course the individual code I got is only for 15% - they never give me a good code for the big sales. My shopping there this year has dropped as a result - I have to spend another $100ish to hit MVC for next year - not sure that's gonna happen honestly. And I've been MVC for years!

Thank you! I was just coming here to look for this info. I usually try to get socks and looking for a suitcase deal for DH.

It's definitely a bummer with individual codes and also the limit on how many times you can use the % off codes. I would place over 10 orders every year. The early Black Friday sale was good so I'm not sure there is much I need for the Vet Day Sale. I'll probably get underwear for the kids and maybe some home goods that weren't a part of the BF sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter