• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona Cafe

Mickeycrz03

Earning My Ears
I have heard so much about the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe that I REALLY want to go there in November. However, we won't be staying on Disney property and we will only have a 1 hour window to work with on a Sunday morning ... SO ..

** Do you have to be staying on park to get a PS?
** What time does the restaurant open?
** Is it unrealistic to think we can get in at 7:00 and be on the road to Port Canaveral by 8:00 or so?

We are flying in on Saturday and leaving on a cruise on Sunday. My DH has agreed to go to Downtown Disney so I can shop, shop, shop on Saturday afternoon .. I would also like to try the Kona Cafe on Sunday morning so I am anxious to hear from the experts ...

Thanks,
Sarah

Off park - 1991
All Star Sports - 1995
All Star Sports - Honeymoon 1999

You don't have to be staying at a Disney resort to make a PS. We love the Kona Cafe! :) I don't know what the earliest PS is that you can make, but call and see if you can get the first one of the morning (as long as it's at least 7am), then be there a few minutes early and let your server know that you're on a time schedule and I think you will be fine. I've had breakfast there and it didn't take long at all, and we weren't even in a rush that day.

We were just at the Kona Cafe about 2 weeks ago and LOVED the Tonga Toast. We made PS for 8:00 am on a Sunday morning(we were told they opened at 7:30) one afternoon while strolled through the resort (we were staying at Pop century). We were going on the Wonder cruise that morning, so we didn't have a lot of time either. We were seated promptly and were on to road to Port Canaveral by 8:45. DCL told us the port doesn't open to take guests until about 10:30am, so we were there in plenty of time to register for the cruise. We were with couple going to in RCL Marnier of the Seas and they made their cruise in plenty of time as well.

:bounce: Yahoo!!!! It seems so silly to be so excited about breakfast but I am. Guess that's the Disney Nut side of me coming out. Thank you so much for your responses. I will be calling 90 days out to see about getting a reservation. We will be going on RCL Mariner of the Seas later that day .. this will be the perfect way to start the day. The only thing better would be to convince DH to switch to a Disney Cruise but that won't happen until DD is older and cruising with us.

One more ?? and then I'll be content ... this restaurant is in the upstairs of the lobby at the Polynesian Resort .. right??? I'll have to convince DH to drive over there the day prior so we know just where we are headed.

Thanks again ...
Sarah

Yes it is upstairs of the lobby at the Poly and I love the Tonga Toast. The pecan and banana pancakes are good too as well as the eggs benedict. We love this breakfast and the service has always been fast and efficient.

Originally posted by Mickeycrz03
** Is it unrealistic to think we can get in at 7:00 and be on the road to Port Canaveral by 8:00 or so?

If being on the road by 8:00 is important, I don't this would be a good time for you to try Kona for breakfast.

As the other poster mentioned, the PSs start at 7:30. If you allow for time to be seated, waited on and to enjoy your breakfast, it *could* be close to 9:00 before you're done...

I just wouldn't want you to try to "squeeze" this in if your schedule is extremely tight that day.

If you have a little leeway in your schedule, I think breakfast at Kona would be a great way to start your day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter