• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona, Whispering Canyon or Rose and Crown?

FXHOCruiser

Earning My Ears
So, were on a free dining trip which is our second time down this year, the other being in January 09. During that trip we are able to see and do everything we want. Thinking of that, (or forgetting) that I made ADR's for Rose and Crown at 730 on a supposed off day. We are staying at WL for 1st time in a deluxe and planned on spending the day at the pool and exploring the resort and surrounding area. Now having seconds thoughts after realizing time it's going to take to get to EPCOT, have dinner, return. Now thinking it may be better to stay at WL whole day and dine at Kona or Whispering Canyon. Any thoughts. Plus how long would it take to get to Kona compared to Rose and Crown and is Rose and Crown worth the long trip. Have eatend at WC twice before but not others.

I think from WL you will need to take a bus to Epcot then walk through to the WS. I would say it would be at least be 40 minutes.

I'm not sure of how easy it is to get from WL to Poly. Maybe someone else on this board has an earlier way. My thoughts were to take a boat to MK then take either the monorail or another boat to Poly, but there must be an easier way.

From the WL, take a boat to the Contemporary then hop on the monorail to get to Kona. You'll also get a chance to see the beautiful metal Mickey sculpture just before the Contemporary entrance. We did this a few times last week and found it faster than taking the boat from MK.

I would skip having to travel to dinner and just stay at WL and have dinner at WCC.

If you really want to relax, than definitely do Whispering Canyon. Lona is one of my favorite restaurants though, so I personally wouldn't mind taking a trip over to the Poly for dinner.

I would go with the Whispering Canyon since it is right there. It would be a hike to get to any other resort from WL. Wispering Canyon is very good and the wait staff is amusing. We had a good time there.

Brian

Well you have dined at WCC twice...so I guess you liked it. If you are in love with this place it would make you night very easy to dine here again. We didn't care for the salty and fatty food couple with the absence of service as our waitress catered to one table (of drunks).

In our view we would rate these three in order of preference based upon quality and service: Kona, Rose, Whispering. Clearly it is faster to get to Kona and remember at Rose you also have to go through security and walk to the initial part of the World Showcase too. We would select Kona (two boat rides or boat ride-monorail trip away).

Definitely thinking about canceling the Rose and Crown ADR and staying in the immediate area of WL. Thanks for everyone's input!

We have used taxis once or twice each trip for the past 4 years. I don't think a trip has ever cost us more than $10, and when the kids were very little, the van always brought a car seat. Can't remember exactly where Rose and Crown is, but we usually watch Illuminations from WS and then walk to the Yacht Club and take a cab back from there. Not something I'd do every night, but one or two times in a trip it can really help with timing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter