• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kraken & Manta - height & weight restrictions?

bas71873

DIS Veteran
My DH is a big guy...6'5" and pushing 300 pounds and very broad shouldered. He cannot ride a few of coasters and Busch Gardens Williamsburg because the shoulder harness (like that on Kraken's pics) just won't go over his shoulders & across his check to buckle. So I'm wondering if he'll be able to even ride Kraken & Manta with us next summer. I can't shrink him (although he could stand to shed a few pounds, but that's whole other story).

Any experiences?

I didn't see any height maximums, but I did find this in the manual: "Guests with a chest dimension of 52" or greater may not be able to fit the seat restraint system."

Manta seemed like a significantly smaller seat to me. I definitely saw a test seat outside Kraken, I'm sure there is one outside Manta also. Good luck! I hope he's able to go on!

I didn't see any height maximums, but I did find this in the manual: "Guests with a chest dimension of 52" or greater may not be able to fit the seat restraint system."

Manta seemed like a significantly smaller seat to me. I definitely saw a test seat outside Kraken, I'm sure there is one outside Manta also. Good luck! I hope he's able to go on!

Thanks. Pretty sure his chest size is bigger than that. Might have to coax him into a healthier lifestyle (but that's a touchy subject with him).

There are "big boy" seats on rows 4 and 5 of Kracken--same as BG Tampa, so I assume they are roughly the same in Williamsburg as well.

No special seats on Manta, but overall it seems more accomodating.

There are "big boy" seats on rows 4 and 5 of Kracken--same as BG Tampa, so I assume they are roughly the same in Williamsburg as well.

No special seats on Manta, but overall it seems more accomodating.

:thumbsup2. they must not advertise the big boy seats. i'm going to have to pay attention next time we go to BG W'burg. We were just there Friday night......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter