• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

KSC or Science Center

dreamer

Mouseketeer
Going in Feb. and wondering which would be a better educational experience for a 10, 6 & 3 year old...KSC or the Science Museum in Orlando? I remember reading a good review of the Science Museum awhile back. Now that the KSC tour has changed a bit I'm wondering if it'd be better to postpone the visit to KSC.

I don't know that postponing will do all that much good. They've dropped the international space station from the main tour and it's probably gone for good. They've also canceled the two special tours, Cape Canaveral and NASA Up Close. They hope to bring those back but with things the way they are don't hold your breath.

Still, there's a lot to interest a young child at KSC, especially the Meet the Astronaut shows and the Shuttle Briefings (which are best when something intersting is happening, which is hard to predict).

The Science Center is a VERY different experience, but it can be a great place to take the kids on a rainy day. If you've been to a big, splashy science museum, you'll know what to expect. The IMAX films are great fun, though.

I would definately pick KSC. It is a great place, and every american should see it. besides, it seems to me that every major city has a science center anymore.

I guess I am the odd man out here, but we took our kids (16, 13, 11, 6) to KSC pre 9-11 and they did not have a good time. The admission and food was high and it is secluded, so you are stuck there for lunch. and we had to fight seagulls to keep them out of our $80.00 lunch! However, the day after we went there, they were having a shuttle launch, so we drove out and watched it from the side of the road, and that was neat! My kids liked that better that the tour! We have been to science museums in other cities, and my kids had a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter