Kudos to DCL

DCLCrazy64622

DIS Veteran
I have to say I have been impressed with their early booking for their website. Once I signed in, it reminded me I was eligible for booking the 2020 cruises today and nothing has crashed on me. The only thing I am not sure of is if they can see my OBB info. I haven’t gotten that far. The cruises do not appeal to me this time around. I was just curious about the PC sailing but won’t book it bc it doesn’t leave out of Florida anymore. Nice job on the website, DCL! Very stable it’s no crashing.

Any idea when the online booking started? I thought it would be 8am since the phones didn't open until then, but I tried at 7:30 and online booking was already available. Would have been nice to know that...

Any idea when the online booking started? I thought it would be 8am since the phones didn't open until then, but I tried at 7:30 and online booking was already available. Would have been nice to know that...

I wondered that too as I logged on around 7:35am and all was live on the website. I had to call anyway to use my placeholder, but the website frustrated me as it did NOT show a lot of the rooms I was hoping to book. It showed virtually NO starboard side rooms in the Cat 5 to Cat 6's I was looking at. Even checked on OV, which showed a few rooms not on the port side.

After I called at 8am and got all booked for May 8th Hawaii, I went into the website while logged in as platinum and tried to check on another room for the same sailing. It would allow me to choose category and then just "spin" and never bring up the room choices. I think the server was just slammed by then.

I do have to agree with DCLCrazy that it was great that as soon as I logged in this morning, it clearly stated I was platinum and could book now. That was great! Wish I could have booked my placeholder online, but then again, it was NOT showing the rooms I wanted, though the agent was able to get one of my not-shown choices.

Good luck all!

I wish I would have checked when I woke up this morning. There were no 7A available for the Hawaii Sailings.. and I actually looked for other sailings and they were gone for all the new ones. I logged in online around 7:45 am

I should have logged in earlier, but the site did work well.

I am hoping some rooms will show back up after holds made this morning drop off.

I have to say I have been impressed with their early booking for their website. Once I signed in, it reminded me I was eligible for booking the 2020 cruises today and nothing has crashed on me. The only thing I am not sure of is if they can see my OBB info. I haven’t gotten that far. The cruises do not appeal to me this time around. I was just curious about the PC sailing but won’t book it bc it doesn’t leave out of Florida anymore. Nice job on the website, DCL! Very stable it’s no crashing.

Seems it did crash. You must have gotten in early! :)

I need to book but want to book through Costco for the cash card, will prices really go up that much between now and the 4th?

I think I've missed something. So we can now book online if Platinum (Gold and Silver in the next two days), but *cannot* use a placeholder on board booking discount?

I think I've missed something. So we can now book online if Platinum (Gold and Silver in the next two days), but *cannot* use a placeholder on board booking discount?

You can as long as it's not blacked out. BUT you have to call. You'd have to call to use the placeholder anyway - you cannot redeem a placeholder online.

Wait...we can do online booking tomorrow/Wednesday instead of calling if we're gold or silver? When did this happen?!? I was _not_ looking forward to being on the phone forever, this is like a ray of sunshine has just opened up for me lol.

Wait...we can do online booking tomorrow/Wednesday instead of calling if we're gold or silver? When did this happen?!? I was _not_ looking forward to being on the phone forever, this is like a ray of sunshine has just opened up for me lol.
tomorrow if you're gold; Wednesday if you're Silver; Thursday for everyone else

Can anyone confirm what time online reservations for Platinum CC members opened this morning? I know to call at 8:00am ET, but I'm wondering how early they opened up the inventory online.

Trying to get a handle on just how early I can do things online Wednesday morning as a Silver CC member - I'd like to get it done as early in the day as possible, just to make my morning easier!

No, I was only referring to the online research. If you want to book OBB you have to call in.

We’re platn
Can anyone confirm what time online reservations for Platinum CC members opened this morning? I know to call at 8:00am ET, but I'm wondering how early they opened up the inventory online.

Trying to get a handle on just how early I can do things online Wednesday morning as a Silver CC member - I'd like to get it done as early in the day as possible, just to make my morning easier!

Platinum CC members opened this morning? I know to call at 8:00am ET, but I'm wondering how early they opened up the inventory online.

Trying to get a handle on just how early I can do things online Wednesday morning as a Silver CC member - I'd like to get it done as early in the day as possible, just to make my morning easier![/QUOTE]

We are platinum. We booked online at 8am Eastern time this morning (it was 5:00 out here in Seattle). Everything went very smoothly. We had a follow-up question and made a phone call too, and we waited less than ten minutes to talk to someone. It went really well this time!

(Incidentally “DisneyPiPhi”, I’m a Pi Phi too. )

I don’t know what time the online booking started, but it must have been early. I saw one note on the Opening Day Quotes thread that mentioned a category was sold out by 8:05am!

Good luck with your bookings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter