• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

L&M Car Rental Update

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
I recently posted a "hesitation" regarding a rate $199 rate I acquired for an L&M mini-van for a week in June through Orbitz. I am happy to report that a $129 rate that had been shown but kept coming up as "sold out" while trying to reserve it, has finally become avaiable. So, I now have a mini-van reserved for $129. I can't believe it! Is this a case of "Let the buyer beware?" Should I count on L&M honoring this rate if I bring proof of the reservation, or should I save my previous $199 reservation as well?

I just booked my for March....I used L&M years ago without any problems....If I decided to go thru with it I'll post in March...

have used L and M 3 times in the last 2 years with zero problems...hope you experience is the same:smooth:

Just make sure you have a major credit card with which to pay if you go L&M. I had a reservation at Budget last week, but when I got to the MCO airport, they along with every other well-known car rental counter were completely out of cars in most classes. They sent me to L&M, saying L&M had cars and had agreed to match Budget's rate. After a long wait at L&M, they started to register me, but when I went to pay with a Visa check card, they told me I HAD to buy the extra daily insurance. I think it was around $10 a day, but that ticked me off since I did not ask for the situation I was put into, and had I known I certainly would have brought along another credit card. I have plenty, but I usually don't use them on vacation and that's one thing less to lose if I don't travel with more cards than I need. Plus, ten more dollars a day on the per-day rental would nearly have doubled my costs for a car. I went back over to Budget to see if they could possibly help me. In the end, the guy at Budget was able to come up with a very nice SUV, so all ended well for me. Frustrating beginning of the vacation . . . but the gorgeous weather for the week we were there made up for it!!!

I too have used them several times without a problem - never said they were bad. I just look for the best price on site. Keep in mind, with L&M you need to bring proof of your own auto insurance, otherwise they will charge you. Insurance card has always worked for me.

I went to pay with a Visa check card, they told me I HAD to buy the extra daily insurance

Last week, I called L&M and asked if Debit Cards were acceptable means of payment, and I was told that they were. We only have one major credit card, and only use for emergencies, which leaves us with our Debit Card.
If we decide to go with L&M, I'm hoping that there won't be any sudden problems in using a Debit Card.

On a sidenote...I never had to prove that rental cars are covered under my policy, but I called my insurance company to check on this.
I am fully covered, and the ins. company also sent me a letter stating such.

-Mark

I've used L&M 3 times. I bring a copy of my insurance card which they copy.

I had a friend want to use a debit card at L&M about 2 years ago and was frustrated to find out that they wanted to charge him the extra $$ also.

After a little research (during our WDW visit no less), he found out that it was (at the time) illegal for them to 'force' him to pay extra for insurance because of his card. After argueing it and offering to call the Florida Insurance Commission (or some such - another rental agency gave him the name and number) they backed down and took it off. Of course, if they put it in their rental restrictions that you have to pay the extra, that's a different story.

With regards to insurance, this is on their site:
You must bring proof of liability insurance on your own personal vehicle to decline our Supplemental Liability insurance. To decline our collision Damage waiver. You must either bring proof of full coverage insurance on your own vehicle or you must possess a Gold or Platinum Credit card, which would cover Collision coverage on rental vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter