L&M rental is almost always cheaper through Orbitz. Anyone know why?

Geyser Gazer

Mouseketeer
Compared to L&M's website, their rates are almost always cheaper through Orbitz. The only downside I see is that Orbitz does not give a final breakdown estimate with taxes etc with your reservation. I've estimated these extra costs at about $8.00/day. Anyone else notice this?

If you've never booked L&M before, go to Mousesavers.com to read review of their service.

It might work out for you, but it sounds chancy.

Mousesavers also lists discount codes available for many car rental companies. I just reserved a minivan for $189/week (for January 17-23) through Alamo with rate code 2G. This is one of the "hot deals" on the Alamo web site right now.

Good luck!

I agree, take a "word of warning" if renting from L&M at MCO. The "extra" charges will most likely be way above $8.00 a day. Also, don't count on getting the car you think you are getting (size). I suggest renting from a National Company like Avis, National, Budget, Dollar, etc. We had a bad experience with L&M at MCO as many others have. But others have had good experiences. I will not take my chances with them again.....

RobinLyn

If you want a good deal at an on-site MCO location, you may want to try Priceline. Just be sure to specify that you want an MCO car rental place. It's not guaranteed, but so far in the three times we've done a car rental we've always gotten one on-site (Avis once and Alamo twice). The companies have never given us any hassle or tried to tack on extra charges. Of course, they always try to sell the extra insurance, but they aren't too pushy about it. We usually use Happy Limo, but sometimes we have to be able to run around town so I check L & M's prices and bid a little below that...so far I've always gotten something.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I've read far more compaints than compliments about L&M and deceptive practices with rates. Enough so that I'll not use them.

Anne

I've used them twice and have always gotten great service and nice cars. And also saved a lot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter