L&S = Lion King ?

Bstanley

DisNoid
Now that I've got your attention...

Extrapolating from the latest weekend numbers for Lilo and Stitch to include today's $ would put the total box office at about $105M for the first 19 days of release.

The first 19 days of the Lion King were - you guessed it - about $105M. Of course there have been 8 years of inflation since LK...

Still - quite a showing - let's hope it can keep rolling along.

Originally posted by Bstanley

The first 19 days of the Lion King were - you guessed it - about $105M. Of course there have been 8 years of inflation since LK...

Still - quite a showing - let's hope it can keep rolling along.

Based on the consumer price Index...105 million in 1996 would equate to about 117 million today(2001 as 2002 is not over yet). So yeah it’s not really that far off.

Lion King had unbelievable legs. Not Titanic, but quite impressive. L&S has slowed significantly. July 4 was a disappointment and the weekend was lower than I expected. I haven't revised the spreadsheet yet, but it's looking like $175m will be a stretch.

Europa, LK opened in 1994, not 1996. Not much of a difference though, CPI was about 2.6% in 94 & 95.

Originally posted by gcurling

Europa, LK opened in 1994, not 1996. Not much of a difference though, CPI was about 2.6% in 94 & 95.

Sorry it's the simple math that gives me the trouble...so 105 in 1994 would be 123.5 in 2001

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter