L&S Moves Past Minority Report

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
L&S grossed $5.1 million today vs Minority Report's $4.5 million, moving it past MR with a very healthy total gross of $40.368 million. MR's total is not far behind L&Ss however at $40.184 million. With most public schools letting out for the summer this week we should continue to see a strong turnout all week leading up to the weekend.

I heard on the radio last night (about 5 pm Tuesday) that Minority Report was 35.7 million and Lilo and Stitch was at 35.4 million. Did you hear this? Very close if you ask me.

I believe that ~$35Mil. numbers were the numbers as of the end of Sunday (generally reported sometime on Monday).

Sarangel

The numbers that I listed($40.368 million for L&S, and $40.184 million for MR)reflect the totals through and including Monday 6/24/02.

I'll post Tuesday's numbers later on tonight when they come out.

L&S's gross for Tuesday 6/25 was $5,117,696, bringing it's take so far to $45,486,015. At this pace we could realistically see a gross of around $80 million or better by next monday.

Is there anybody that tracks the number of tickets sold in addition to the $'s. It is my DW's contention that with the larger proportion of the viewers being children, this affects the $'s when comparing the popularity of a movie.
Just Imagine what would "Snow White" have made at todays ticket prices:earseek:
It boggles the mind.

1 Lilo & Stitch BUENA VISTA $5,118,000 $45,486,000
2 Minority Report FOX $4,291,000 $44,475,000

Just pulled this from Yahoo Entertainment Section for Tuesday's Earnings.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Lilo & Stitch BUENA VISTA $5,118,000 $45,486,000
2 Minority Report FOX $4,291,000 $44,475,000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To quote a fury blue critter from out there: "Yahooo"

Well, L&S keeps pulling ahead of MR.

Here are the numbers from Wednesday:

L&S: $5,118,406
MR: $3,757,000

For totals of:

L&S: $50,604,421
MR: $48,233,000

Add at least $10 to that total, as Rikersmom and I went to see this last night. I LOVE this movie! I can now justify that Stitch sitting on my bed. :cool:

I've never really thought about it or noticed it before, but it is funny how the box office is listed on web pages, like yahoo or rottentomatos. It is all based on the weekend box office only (for that matter, probably the first sunday estimates) and not the week long box office at all - L&S has been ahead of MR since Monday, and is now ahead by a couple of million, but they all list MR #1 and LAS #2 - next week it will based on the weekend take only again, so it will depend on Mr. Deeds and Hey Arnold - or MR could make more money on the weekend than LAS, but still have less total than LAS for the week - but they would list MR #1 even though the total is less -

Not that it matters or anything, I've just never noticed it and it is kind of funny.

DR

Strong mid-week performance. Consistently $5m a day. $55m through yesterday - real potential for a $25m weekend - giving L&S $80m by Sunday. That would bode quite well for cracking the $200m mark.

After yesterday, L&S has slowed down to now match Tarzan almost exactly. It's now hard to imagine that L&S will reach $200m. $175m is a more likely final tally. But, if it continues to slow more rapidly than Tarzan did, it will fail to reach that mark.

In 1999, July 4 fell on Sunday (making Monday the holiday.) So, it was a true 3 day weekend. Not sure if a Thursday 4th is better or worse. Either way, if Lilo gets through this coming Sunday at the $110m mark, that's a best case scenario. Then, with $2.5m weekdays next week and a hopeful $10m weekend. L&S will sit at $130m through the following Sunday. That would be just a smidge higher than Tarzan.

I think we are looking at $165m to $175m.

Does anybody know where the numbers are at now, leading into the 4th weekend?
On a side note - I took my 12 and 14 year olds to see Minority Report last night and I've never made such a mistake. Poor Mr. Spielberg has lost his way, in my opinion. What a depressing, dark, nonredemptive experience. The 14 year old liked some parts of it, and we ALL liked the "car" chase, but the 12 year old found it way too intense and gross. Maybe I protect my kids too much! It used to be that when I went to a Spielberg film I could expect a more positive, hopeful view of the world. Now, after AI and MR I just don't know what to think. I don't want things candy coated, but I found this film so full of lowblow grossouts and deviant behaviors I'm not sure I'll go to whatever he turns out next, barring a new Indiana Jones.
I DID find a valuable film going experience in Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan, but MR was horrible, IMO.:(

I just saw MR and it was a great movie!!!! It was better than i thought it would be and my expextations wre high. Im a sci-fi fan and thought they did a great protraying how they thought the world might be. But a movie like this that makes you think never has a chance to out do something like MIB which is more of a brainless movie. And this also hurt AI which i thought was a excellant moive. Im am looking forward to Signs which also may be a thought provoking movie.

Through and including Friday 7/5, L&S has grossed $95,000,000 .

The weekend estimates are in and the total for L&S is $103M (following third weekend), the weekend for L&S was $12.7M, just below Like Mike at $13M, and behind Mr. Deeds at $18.8M and MIBII at $54.1M (90M 5-day), just a nose ahead of MIR $12.4M for the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter