LA Area Hotels?

JenLoy

Mouseketeer
Now we have the details for DL squared away :cool1: , I'm starting to work things for the LA portion of our trip. We definitely want to stay a night or two at the Hollywood Roosevelt, but it's too expensive for the entire week. Does anyone have any suggestions for another hotel that might be in the same area for the other nights?

I've seen the Magic Castle Hotel mentioned a few times on travel websites. Have any of you stayed here and would you recommend it? It appears to be close to the Hollywood Roosevelt. Any advice you might have to offer would be appreciated. :)

Yes. I am not sure where the hotel you are talking about is, but I just got back from DL and I stayed at the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites. It was nice and the people were more than accommodating. It was two whole blocks from DL (and on the same side of the road, too)! The telephone number there is 1-714-535-1133. Ask for "The Manager's Special" or a AAA member special (if you are members). I got an awesome deal! The address is 631 W. Katella, Anaheim, CA 92802.

There is also a darling little shuttle bus that is only $3 a day if you like that drops you off right at the hotel. I liked it since at times I was too pooped to walk. :goodvibes

Just a bit down the road towards DL (in case the Desert Palms is booked) is the Candy Cane Inn. I don't have their number but I am sure you can call 1-714-555-1212 and the directory assistance can get the number for you.

Both of these hotels, from what I understand (I know the DP's did) had a buffet breakfast (cereals, fruit, toast, danishes, juice, milk and coffee).

Hope this helps! :banana:

Since my last post I've been able to find a few more choices. Have any of you heard about or stayed at one of these places:
The Hollywood Celebrity Hotel http://www.hotelcelebrity.com/ ,The Magic Castle Hotel http://www.magiccastlehotel.com/ , and the Orchid Suites http://www.orchidsuites.com/index.htm from my OP. I understand they may not be the best hotels in the area, but I'm worried about placing my parents and my in-laws in a complete dive. Any suggestions?? All this planning is begining to give me a headache :headache:

We are planning on staying in Hollywood for a night for our trip and I looked at all those hotels you mentioned. They just seemed "iffy" with the exception of the Magic Castle. I wanted something in a great location, but most importantly CLEAN. I made DH help me look, he decided he didn't want to take a chance that we would end up in a dive, so he found the Universal Hilton and said Book it! Normally he doesn't care where we stay, but he, like me, didn't want our family to end up somewhere dirty and buggy. Not saying that those other places are....just looks like there is that possibility.
We are doing Universal Studios one day, and the Hilton is next door, so that was another reason for picking that one. Good luck deciding, it took me 2 whole days of researching Hollywood hotels and I got nowhere til DH decided for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter