La Brea closed for good?

Portos has 2 counters, a pastry only counter and a "cafe" counter where you can order and pick up hot meals. They have several hot and cold sandwiches as well as "platters" with slow roasted pork, grilled chicken breast, or ropa vieja, each served with a side of rice and black beans and sweet fried plantains. They also have all the hot items like empanadas, potato balls, croquettes, etc. In addition, the Buena Park location (and probably some others) has a third counter for coffee drinks and fresh squeezed juices.
Thanks. The food sounds good, but I will miss table service. I still prefer to have someone come and take my order, or at least be able to sit down and order from the table and have it brought to me. There aren't that many in DLR that are moderately priced and where you can still walk up without a reservation and have a good chance at getting in without a huge wait.

Thanks. The food sounds good, but I will miss table service. I still prefer to have someone come and take my order, or at least be able to sit down and order from the table and have it brought to me. There aren't that many in DLR that are moderately priced and where you can still walk up without a reservation and have a good chance at getting in without a huge wait.

I hear you on that, but Portos food is amazing (and it's cheap!). I don't see their prices going up significantly just because they are at Disney. Their pricing is part of their whole appeal. They operate on high volume, while keeping prices low.

Having a meal at Portos is always an enjoyable affair. They do bring the food to you. They also offer mobile order at their locations so you can skip the lines.

I hear you on that, but Portos food is amazing (and it's cheap!). I don't see their prices going up significantly just because they are at Disney. Their pricing is part of their whole appeal. They operate on high volume, while keeping prices low.

Having a meal at Portos is always an enjoyable affair. They do bring the food to you. They also offer mobile order at their locations so you can skip the lines.
Exactly; our standard MO is order while in the park and end the day driving up to Buena Park for pickup order and quick coffee hit before the drive back down to San Diego.

The new Porto's location MAY alter that if there's mobile ordering and a wide selection; otherwise it still maybe faster to drive to BuenaPark ironically.

Portos has 2 counters, a pastry only counter and a "cafe" counter where you can order and pick up hot meals. They have several hot and cold sandwiches as well as "platters" with slow roasted pork, grilled chicken breast, or ropa vieja, each served with a side of rice and black beans and sweet fried plantains. They also have all the hot items like empanadas, potato balls, croquettes, etc. In addition, the Buena Park location (and probably some others) has a third counter for coffee drinks and fresh squeezed juices.

I've never really noticed a difference depending on which line I got in. I remember in Buena Park, an employee direct people to the two counters, but nobody got asked what they were getting and my understanding was that either counter could handle any order other than beverages which are ordered separately at a beverage counter. Last month when I was in Glendale it was a bit different, but I was asked if I wanted any hot food.

Exactly; our standard MO is order while in the park and end the day driving up to Buena Park for pickup order and quick coffee hit before the drive back down to San Diego.

The new Porto's location MAY alter that if there's mobile ordering and a wide selection; otherwise it still maybe faster to drive to BuenaPark ironically.

When I was researching it back last summer, pickup orders had most of the menu including sandwiches and entrees. But now sandwich and entrees have to be ordered in person, in line.

Not sure if they're going to modify that for Downtown Disney.

Buena Park
Online: no hot entrees - just bakery for now
In person: straight: hot food (kitchen) and bakery; to the left - bakery only; to the right: beverages.

After the Earl Strikes Back for a bit, Looking forward to Return of the Earl in the meantime until Rise of Porto's

Buena Park
Online: no hot entrees - just bakery for now
In person: straight: hot food (kitchen) and bakery; to the left - bakery only; to the right: beverages.

I've been there (Buena Park) three times in the last half year, always got directed to the "bakery" counter, and ordered a sandwich every time. They have the menu including sandwiches and entrees there. I didn't really understand the distinction. This line:

om5r4x-b88902344z.120170301144116000g1glpubg.10.jpg

I've been there (Buena Park) three times in the last half year, always got directed to the "bakery" counter, and ordered a sandwich every time. They have the menu including sandwiches and entrees there. I didn't really understand the distinction. This line:

om5r4x-b88902344z.120170301144116000g1glpubg.10.jpg

Same. The only time I walked in and was directed to the hot foods counter was when I was picking up a take out order.

Same. The only time I walked in and was directed to the hot foods counter was when I was picking up a take out order.

I think the first time I was told it didn't really matter - that they were just directing people to divide the customer load evenly.

It seemed a little different my last Porto's visit in Glendale. That location has multiple entrances and there's a line at each one. I originally got in one line and moved to the other when it seemed shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter