• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

La Cava de Tequila

tkouri

Earning My Ears
Can you buy a drink from Cave and take outside or do you have to drink inside the bar?

I don't think you can drink in the bar. Maybe a very small amount of people, like 1 or 2 tables. It's pretty much to go.

Yep even less tables with social distancing and the line now winds through what was the seating area so it is almost mandatory that you buy and fly!

They are limiting the people even being allowed up at the bar for purchases, so it is most definitely buy and fly only...no drinking allowed inside at all even at the bar.

Too small to stay there . Definitely take and enjoy. at those prices you don't want to hurry.

We went in about 15 minutes before the park closed two weeks ago and were able to drink in there, but it was a weekday and nobody else was in there. But that situation is rare.

Mostly but there are a few you can hang out at. I know the poolside bar at Pop has space for two people at each end of the bar. La Cava actually had two table available when we were there last week of October. They are a few and far between but there are some.

It was a 150+ minute wait today according to some blogs
This is insane, so we have to wait to get into the pavilion and then wait again if we wanted to purchase a margarita? How long is it taking to get into just the pavilion itself?
I just admit I didn’t think about this aspect of Epcot and I’m kind of bummed now.

This is insane, so we have to wait to get into the pavilion and then wait again if we wanted to purchase a margarita? How long is it taking to get into just the pavilion itself?
I just admit I didn’t think about this aspect of Epcot and I’m kind of bummed now.
That was the wait just to get in
FWIW I was there on 11/5 (a Thursday) and it was about a 10-15 ish minute wait to get inside

Aren’t all of the bars buy and fly right now?
Not all. Oga’s, Baseline, Nomad Lounge you can still sit and drink. But they all serve food so that’s probably why.
Theyre limiting capacity in the pyramid so once you’re in lines aren’t long. Maybe 15-20 for both Gran Fiesta and La Cava. Weekends are WAY worse than weekdays.

Last edited:
I have an Epcot day planned on a Sunday, wondering if I should switch to Monday. I’ve been there during F&W and can navigate the crowds but don’t really want to be in a spot where we’re waiting two hours to get into a pavilion. Thoughts?

I have an Epcot day planned on a Sunday, wondering if I should switch to Monday. I’ve been there during F&W and can navigate the crowds but don’t really want to be in a spot where we’re waiting two hours to get into a pavilion. Thoughts?
If the ability is there I would change to Monday. Epcot is locals central in the weekends. But if it means rearranging a bunch of plans it may not be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter