LA tour

limasu

Earning My Ears
This is my first post here although I have been lurking for a while and finding some great info! Dh and I are bringing our 3 sons 11,7 and 4 to the US for a 2 week holiday from Australia at the end of May. I know this is a bit off the topic, but hoped some of you may be able to help. The day we go home we have about 3-3.5 hrs free in between flights and check-ins at LAX. We were thinking of hiring a limo for that time to take us on a little tour of LA. The only thing we know we really want to see is the Hollywood sign, so we are open to suggestions. Do you think that 3hrs will allow us to see anything or is it just not long enough. It will be from 3.30pm to 7pm on a Saturday afternoon. Would love your input! Thanks.

I suggest contacting some limo companies and asking them about the feasibility of a quick tour of LA. Keep in mind that some companies may have a minimum number of hours that you must book and three hours might not cut it. It does sound like a neat idea and the Hollywood sign can be seen from a distance.

Between 3:30 - 7:00 pm on a Saturday afternoon is very "Doable" to just go see the Hollywood Sign. You figure it takes about 45 minutes (no traffic) each way, to get to anywhere that you can see the Hollywood sign clearly.

Please do some research first. Make sure there's no Los Angeles Dodgers game, Hollywood Bowl concert or Staples Center event. All these events will effect the freeways you'll be on and can delay you quite a bit of time.

I don't mean to scare you but better safe than sorry and miss your flight. If you are allowing 3-3.5 hours with none of these events going on, you'll be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter