Labor Day Crowds

CaliTwinMom

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! We are headed to Aulani in early September. Right now flights are much cheaper if we fly into Aulani the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. I’m a bit worried because I know Aulani is typically more crowded on holiday weekends with locals and I because of the pool refurb I know there will be reduced capacity in the pools and number of pool chairs. Does anyone have any experience with how crowded the resort is on Labor Day weekend? We were there last year on Mother’s Day weekend and it was nuts.

September is low season, but the holiday may draw in locals. Because of the refurb, its difficult to know how it will be impacted. Locals may be inclined to stay away until the refurb is complete, or they may be enticed to stay by the resort credit being offered.

One way to combat this is to plan your sightseeing or excursions for Sunday and/or Monday. We opted to do this on the weekend days we were there, and it worked out well. By the time the weekend was over, the resort was noticeably less busy.

the refurbs are definitely the wild card for this september...on the one hand...only half the pools open (depending on how construction goes there may be some time with no pools open).

but...resort credit of $50 per room per night might make things more attractive from a massively discounted character breakfast standpoint...or a spa treatment.

if there were no refurbs...it'd be packed...with the refurbs...probably not as many people there but it may feel more packed at the pools...who knows, disney may have extra activities and such prepared in the event that crowds make the pools be waaaaaay over capacity.

I'd guess that at a minimum the number of young kids will be much lower, but there may be more adults and older kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter