Labor Day Weekend?

tinawv

Dis Veteran
We will be at WDW August 25 through September 3. I was wondering what the crowds are like during Labor Day weekend. Are they managable? What other holiday would you compare it with?

Labor Day Weekend is much better than Memorial Day weekend. Much better.

For Labor Day Weekend, the schools in the southeast are already back in school. And the northeast schools typically go back the day after Labor Day. So families aren't traveling as much.

We go every Memorial Day and Labor Day. We brace ourselves for Memorial Day but relax over Labor Day.

i have never been over labor day, but will be this year, if you search around this section you will find several open threads and the general answer seems to be that it isnt so bad, the sun and mon ( actual labor day ) have a moderate crowd level but nothing unbearable but overall very manageable crowds. due to free dining ts can be tough to come by so get your adrs planned. because of the heat you may want to beat the sun by taking afternoon breaks in the hotel pools or waterparks so take advantage of rd and emh both am/pm

Tinawv: We are also going during the same time as you but leaving on Labor Day. We are staying at POFQ. What about you?

This will be our 4th trip in a row during this same time frame. The parks are manageable. It is, however, getting a bit more crowded due to free dining. Labor Day itself is bare. We usually go to MK one last time before leaving and it's now crowded at all. I think just about everyone leaves that day to head back North due to school schedules.

Enjoy your trip and have fun!!!

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I am feeling much better about traveling this weekend. Matt&Jakesmom - We have two rooms at ASMu this trip. I love POFQ; it is such a lovely resort. I have you have a great trip as well. :)

We go every year during Labor Day. The crowds generally aren't bad. The only issue is that it can be hard to get ADRs, since everyone is usually there for free dining.

Thank goodness we have all of our ADRs. I tried to change one of our ADRs, and had no luck whatsoever. Everything was booked. :scared1:

Another thing to think about with Labor Day that I just realized. They do have free dining and the annual passholder discounts don't black out this weekend. So they want people to come since it's usually a slower time for them.

We are traveling during this same time period (arrive on 8/26 and depart for a cruise on 9/1). This will be our third time traveling during this time period.

We have found the crowds to be very manageable for the most part. I always have a touring plan, but we have found that we could be fairly flexible with our plans and still do as much as we wanted.

Two main areas we have found that we could not be flexible was dining TS and MK. I always plan our dining well in advance (party of 7 and we have done free dining time, so it is important).

Also, we find it necessary to have a good touring plan for MK and that deviating from the plans can mean long waits (not necessarily missing things, just takes longer and larger crowds).

Was at MK last Labor Day (morning to afternoon as it was my departure day) and it was pretty much dead. Walked onto every ride.

Planning to try it again this year! I made Tuesday my departure day to get more MK in on Labor Day. And having dinner at The Wave. (one thing you do have to do is make sure you have an ADR if you want table service dining - this is still free dining time)

Tinawv: We are also going during the same time as you but leaving on Labor Day. We are staying at POFQ. What about you?

I'm staying at POFQ that weekend, too. :thumbsup2

As others have said, the parks themselves shouldn't be bad at all. I went last Labor Day weekend and didn't have any problems. But the TS restaurants were a madhouse! If you haven't made all of your ADRs for your visit already, you might be stuck eating at odd hours or having to travel to the resorts to get a table! :)

the problem with going anywhere on labor day weekend is you are guaranteed it will be wall to wall people.

Which was not the case last year or before that.

I have been going to WDW every Labor Day weekend since 2000 and have NEVER seen wall to wall people anywhere but in the restaurants since 2005, when they started free dining.

I have, however, seen wall to wall people in MK on Columbus Day which is why I am skipping that weekend this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter